• Welcome to OS2World OLD-STATIC-BACKUP Forum.

News:

This is an old OS2World backup forum for reference only. IT IS READ ONLY!!!

If you need help with OS/2 - eComStation visit http://www.os2world.com/forum

Main Menu

OS/2 and Vector Graphics

Started by Ben, 2012.06.05, 18:08:50

Previous topic - Next topic

melf

Ben, here is some good news for you. From the release notes of OO 3.4 https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/AOO+3.4+Release+Notes

this is said about svg graphics (let's hope this will be true also for the eCS version):
/Mikael

Ben

That is good news Mikael...

While it isn't current, at least it will give me something OS/2 based at some point in the future, (hopefully), whereas before, there was nothing on the horizon at all.

Thanks for that little tidbit.  :D

So MELF is Mikael + ELF, (Extremely Low Frequency -- just kidding), or MEL being short for MikaEL and last name beginning with F?  Or do you have "four-barrel" name? M.E.L.F., MELF being an acronym?

Also, MEL is an abbreviated, concatenation of Me + El. Which is a variant of "I Am god"; "me" = "I Am" and "El" = "god".

If you have been inspired, look up "I Am" you will find a glimpse of real knowledge about the world today. Start with Nietzsche's "I think therefore, I Am," and followup with KJV Exodus 3:13-14, a very short read. If you're clever/persistent, you'll find out a little something about yourself that you didn't know.

Mikael is a powerful name. You might find the following of interest too!.

From one of my own, personal research, databases...

Mikael or Menes: The 1st pharoah of the 1st dynasty of Egypt. It turns out, (source name removed for this post), that he was, Manis-the-warrior, the son of Sargon-the-Great, (world-monarch), Pharoah of Sumeria of which Egypt was merely a province of, until Menes broke away in defiance of his father. His tomb is in Abydos, but is empty, (a cenotaph?). It is suggested in the Ebony Label found there, that he was buried in Ireland. He was also King Minos the traditional founder of civilization in Crete.

He is also called Muku or Mukhla,
(MKLU), the invincible warrior surnamed Tasia, (see "Tascio" below), and Miok, son of King Thor, (Sargon the Great of the Nordic Eddas), and Mikalu, (MKLU), or St. Michael the Archangel. He is also tied to the sun bird the Phoenix, or solar Goose as in the Michaelmas Goose associated with the festival of St. Michael today within the Roman Catholic Church.

Now you know just a little bit more about yourself, Son of the Sun  :o

abwillis

I can do a file export in Draw with OO 3.4 on OS/2 and there is an option for SVG.
I just insert a jpg and then exported the SVG and the resulting SVG looks fine in Seamonkey.

melf

Thanks for the historic lesson of my name Ben. Your first guess is right: mikael + elf=melf . Elf is an old spelling of älv which means river.
/Mikael