• Welcome to OS2World OLD-STATIC-BACKUP Forum.

News:

This is an old OS2World backup forum for reference only. IT IS READ ONLY!!!

If you need help with OS/2 - eComStation visit http://www.os2world.com/forum

Main Menu

eCS 2.2 on fanless Intel Atom Mini PC

Started by Sigurd, 2012.06.25, 14:01:22

Previous topic - Next topic

Blonde Guy

The OS/2 Wireless list is here:

To subscribe (new addresses), E-mail to: <os2-wireless_users-on@2rosenthals.com> and reply to the confirmation email.
Web archives are publicly available at: http://lists.2rosenthals.com

There is recently a new build of the WPA supplicant. If your hardware is working but it still doesn't connect, then this may help.
Expert Consulting for OS/2 and eComStation

Sigurd

Hi,

thanks a lot for the hints, but unfortunately get no help so far.

Here some pictures from the desktop of the mini, besides WLAN everything else seems to work :-)

Because of Panorama driver still has this (for me ;-)  ) annoying bug with SDL and is still slow, I decided to use the internal PCIe 1X slot and placed an Matrox G550 Passive Cooling Low Profile in it and installed SNAP -> It is much better now...
(I changed the Motherboard from the Intel 2700MUD to the smaller DN2800MT to get more space inside the small M350 case :-)  )

To get sound control properly to run I had to go back to the Uniaud 1925-211 and to replace the one coming with eCS 2.2 .....

System more stable without Hyperthreading

What I would really get to run:

-> WLAN
-> Sound in Virtual PC (the "special 1926-211 VPC" files do not work for me :-( ) -> UNIAUD Limitation....
-> Voice Type & Navigation - crash when trying to access the Soundcard, I guess another UNIAUD problem...

Bye :-)

Pete

abwillis

Quote from: Pete on 2012.07.14, 02:54:17
Hi Sigurd
Have you tried this uniaud32 driver ftp://ftp.netlabs.org/incoming/uniaud32-vpc.zip  ?
Regards
Pete
It should fix the VPC issue (I've only tested with the latest uniaud16).  I don't know if it will help with the Voice Type, I would be curious to know if it does (though I wouldn't expect it to).

Sigurd

Hi,

thanks for this - yes I tried and it brings sound to VPC - BUT Sound Volume Manager and UNIMIXER are not able to control the loudness anymore. As well in UNIMIXER now the Microphone in is not existing anymore and so no micro in.

May it be possbile to do the modifications that have been done to this uniaud32.sys with the one I attached?   ???
Would love to try the modified one!!

FYI a added some pictures of the "real" MINIPC to give you an impression what it looks like. It took me really some time to modifie i.e. the Slot "Bezel" (?) and some other parts to make all fit together but it wasn't that hard.

You can see the Cinergy USB T RC stick for Digital TV, adding the Antenna cable and fix the external connector with a new hole was one of these...  :)

You can see as well that the Matrox G550 does have an LFH60 Port to attach two Monitors, in fact SNAP gives me the opportunity to but I did not test it so far, will do this later on.

If you choose the internal graphics and Panorama VESA (SNAP does NOT work good with the internal graphic) you can use the HDMI connector.

The temperature rises a bit because of the passive MG550 card, but it is around 55 Celsius and so still just OK.

The holes on the right side of the backside are attempts with the Intel MUD2700 Board, it has no Internal Mini PCIe-X1 but an PCI, but there is not enough space in the case to fit a card with a risercard there.

What is even better with the 2800 board is that you have the opportunity of two USB onboard connectors for the front USB - one 1.1 and one 2.0 connector. For the Emperoar TV USB Stick 2.0 is the right choice ;-) And the 2800 does allready have the Power Supply on board that gains more space because of with the 2700 I had to use a PICO power supply.

Have fun!

I will make a video about it once it is ready.

dryeo

Quote from: Sigurd on 2012.07.14, 02:44:56
Because of Panorama driver still has this (for me ;-)  ) annoying bug with SDL and is still slow

What is the SDL bug?

Sigurd

Quote from: dryeo on 2012.07.14, 10:36:16
Quote from: Sigurd on 2012.07.14, 02:44:56
Because of Panorama driver still has this (for me ;-)  ) annoying bug with SDL and is still slow

What is the SDL bug?

-> Wrong Colour Palette (everything blue , i.e. scummvm, dosbox), before I solved this by using 64k colour but now this is not working as well, regardless if I use onboard Intel graphic or G550
-> DOS and WIN-OS/2 seamless sessions mode does not work ("This video mode is not suported") - crash of these applications
-> No multimonitorsupport

Using G550 and SNAP -> no more problems.