• Welcome to OS2World OLD-STATIC-BACKUP Forum.

News:

This is an old OS2World backup forum for reference only. IT IS READ ONLY!!!

If you need help with OS/2 - eComStation visit http://www.os2world.com/forum

Main Menu

ACPI package 3.20.04 has been released

Started by eirik, 2012.07.24, 02:45:34

Previous topic - Next topic

eirik

Great job by the ACPI team, although some functionality is still not there: primarily FnFx buttons on my Lenovo T410.  It now suspends properly, but the screen does not come alive (I'll post a separate msg. on the track where it belongs, but I just want to applaud the ACPI team for their progress.

Keep up the good work!  More and more of us has come to realize the complexity in ACPI, but also its value in terms of making modern hardware available to eCS users.

DougB

So far, everything seems to work on my T510, except suspend/resume, and the Realtek WiFi adapter (which is probably a GENMAC problem). I think that suspend is working, but resume fails to turn on the backlight in the screen, so it is difficult to tell if resume actually works. Since Ctrl-Alt-Del (twice, or more) fails to cause a reboot, I suspect that resume didn't complete.

rwklein

Quote from: eirik on 2012.07.24, 02:45:34
Great job by the ACPI team, although some functionality is still not there: primarily FnFx buttons on my Lenovo T410.  It now suspends properly, but the screen does not come alive (I'll post a separate msg. on the track where it belongs, but I just want to applaud the ACPI team for their progress.

Keep up the good work!  More and more of us has come to realize the complexity in ACPI, but also its value in terms of making modern hardware available to eCS users.

The goal has always been to make ACPI easy. I especially think with the work David has done the boot success rate has gone up lot. The new HLT support in ACPI package 3.20.03 seems a good step forward to keeping your CPU cool.

Suspend resume will still need more work. Try on your system the /VBE switch behind the PSD=ACPI.PSD line. It might bring your screen back to live.

Roderick Klein
Mensys

eirik

Roderick,

thanks for the tip -- I tried it (Lenovo Thinkpad T410), but no success.  But progress has been made, and eventually we'll have suspend/resume + FnFx buttons working on modern systems.

Eirik :-)

abwillis

Suspend resume is now working on my IBM Thinkpad Z61M (I think Lenovo had already bought the company but was still using the IBM name under the terms of the contract at the time).  With an early 3.19 release it was mostly working but has not fully restored for several versions but now comes back up nicely.  Interestingly, when it was not restoring properly, the video would come back but I could not interact with the system but it would come up really quickly.  Now it comes back slow enough that the first time I did not think it was going to and hit cntl-alt-del and then it sat for awhile then rebooted and I realized it rebooted when it would have otherwise restored so I tried again and waited and it did come up.  The USB mouse works, the broadcom ethernet works with the genmac driver and the keyboard works that is plugged into the ps2 port on the port replicator... the only thing I have found that wasn't working was the trackpoint built into this external keyboard that uses the same ps2 port via a splitter to the port replicator.  I have not yet tried it out of the port replicator to check the built in trackpoint nor the wireless yet.

danielnez1

The current version locks up my Compaq Presario CQ57 almost immediately  :-[

rwklein

Quote from: danielnez1 on 2012.07.28, 01:46:10
The current version locks up my Compaq Presario CQ57 almost immediately  :-[

Hello Daniel,

I hope you will also (if you have not do so already) open a ticket here:
http://svn.netlabs.org/acpi#SubmittingTickets

We do not have access to all equipement. So feedback is needed.

Please note the ticketing system does not send back an email when the ticket is updated.
So you need to check from time to time.

Thanks,

Roderick Klein
Mensys

P.S. I know its pain the Netlabs ticketing system does not send an email when a ticket is updated.

danielnez1

I've posted a ticket.

Dan

Update: dazarewicz pointed out that Hyperthreading was enabled, but there is no option to disable it in the laptops' BIOS