• Welcome to OS2World OLD-STATIC-BACKUP Forum.

News:

This is an old OS2World backup forum for reference only. IT IS READ ONLY!!!

If you need help with OS/2 - eComStation visit http://www.os2world.com/forum

Main Menu

Sun ODF Plug-in

Started by Saijin_Naib, 2007.12.20, 08:31:41

Previous topic - Next topic

Saijin_Naib

http://www.sun.com/software/star/odf_plugin/get.jsp

This is a page to the Sun Microsystem ODF Plug-in for Microsoft Office XP, 2002, 2003, 2007 application suites. This should be helpful if any of you guys need easy access to your ODF files on your Windows partitions (and dont have OpenOffice installed). I prefer (personally) Office XP to OpenOffice, so now that I dont have to have it installed to be able to read/write documents I write under eCS, I am quite happy. Combine this with the Office 2007 compatability pack for Microsoft Office (2003 and before), and I think we all should be pretty much set in terms of ease of document support.

Here is some more general info:

At A Glance
The Sun ODF Plugin for Microsoft Office gives users of Microsoft Office Word, Excel and PowerPoint the ability to read, edit and save to the ISO-standard Open Document Format (ODF)
The plugin works with Microsoft Office 2007 (Service Pack 1 or higher), Microsoft Office 2003, XP and Microsoft Office 2000
The plugin is based on StarOffice technology and is easy to setup and use, the conversion happens transparently and the additional memory footprint is minimal
The Sun ODF Plugin is currently the only converter with Enterprise support available. Enterprises who want to use the ISO-standardized file format with Microsoft Office can sign service contracts with Sun. Contact Sun Sales for further information

Designed For You

The ODF Plugin seamlessly integrates with the Load and Save As dialog and the Save (Ctrl+S) shortcut of Microsoft Office Word
A new toolbar in Microsoft Office Excel and Microsoft Office Powerpoint simplifies the import and export of ODF documents
Make the ISO standardized OpenDocument file format the standard in your company, and switch the standard file format in Microsoft Office Word to ODF