• Welcome to OS2World OLD-STATIC-BACKUP Forum.

News:

This is an old OS2World backup forum for reference only. IT IS READ ONLY!!!

If you need help with OS/2 - eComStation visit http://www.os2world.com/forum

Main Menu

Java for os2

Started by eilygre, 2011.03.14, 21:59:17

Previous topic - Next topic

Joop

Quote from: miturbide on 2012.03.08, 14:44:12
I'm trying to look around. Possible it is not platform independent.
It needs also qt from trolltech.

NN_CLASSPATH=$NN_CLASSPATH:$NIXNOTE/lib/qtjambi-linux32-4.5.2_01.jar
NN_CLASSPATH=$NN_CLASSPATH:$NIXNOTE/lib/qtjambi-linux32-gcc-4.5.2_01.jar
NN_CLASSPATH=$NN_CLASSPATH:$NIXNOTE/lib/qtjambi-linux64-4.5.2_01.jar
NN_CLASSPATH=$NN_CLASSPATH:$NIXNOTE/lib/qtjambi-linux64-gcc-4.5.2_01.jar

So it might be possible that 2 of these four files (the linux32 bit) need to be rewritten so it can run in the qt environment of OS/2.
Its a very difficult installation, most Java programs are much easier.

screenprint of the problem;
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/trolltech/qt/gui/QMainWindow
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:634)
        at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:142)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:277)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$000(URLClassLoader.java:73)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:212)
        at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:205)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:321)
        at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:294)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:266)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.trolltech.qt.gui.QMainWindow
        at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:217)
        at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:205)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:321)
        at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:294)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:266)
        ... 11 more
Could not find the main class: cx.fbn.nevernote.NeverNote. Program will exit.

Its a big program, it will not work because we have to change 2 files which searches hard coded for qt on a place we don't use. I removed the stuff from hd.

If you want to experiment, here my cmd file, I used JAVA GA1 because this is stable on my system together with latest Odin, GCC and LIBC;
@echo off
set path=[drive java:]\JAVA\JAVA160\bin
set BEGINLIBPATH=[drive java:]\JAVA\JAVA160\bin
set CLASSPATH=[drive programs:]\PROGRAMS\nixnote;[drive programs:]\PROGRAMS\nixnote\lib
[drive programs:]
cd [drive programs:]\PROGRAMS\nixnote
java -Xms256M -Xmx512M -cp nixnote.jar;apache-mime4j-0.6.jar;commons-codec-1.5.jar;commons-compress-1.2.jar;commons-lang3-3.0.jar;commons-logging-1.1.1.jar;evernote-api-1.20.jar;h2-1.3.158.jar;httpclient-4.1.1.jar;httpcore-4.1.jar;httpmime-4.1.1.jar;jaxen-1.1.3.jar;jazzy.jar;jtidy-r938.jar;libthrift.jar;log4j-1.2.14.jar;pdfbox-app-1.6.0.jar;poi-3.7-20101029.jar;poi-ooxml-3.7.jar;poi-ooxml-schemas-3.7-20101029.jar;poi-scratchpad-3.7-20101029.jar;tika.jar;xmlbeans-2.3.0.jar;xsdlib-20060615.jar;qtjambi-linux32-4.5.2_01.jar;qtjambi-linux32-gcc-4.5.2_01.jar cx.fbn.nevernote.NeverNote 2>nixnoteproblems.txt

I did flatten the total structure, one more time to show that we don't have to go to the new installer for OS/2;

nixnote
-applications
-images
-lib
-man
-qss
-spell
-translations
-xml

Joop

miturbide

Hi

How is your experience with OpenJDK 1.6.0 Build 25 GA3 and IceTea ?

I had been trying to run IceTea but I didn't have good results on Firefox 10.0.4.

First I wanted to run IBM Download Director, but it is not working fine. First it didn't show the "text box" to select the download directory and after that it crashed the browser.

What other places are you testing with Java and IceTea??
Martín Itúrbide
OS2World.com NewsMaster
Open Source Advocate

Skype - martiniturbide
Google Talk - martiniturbide@gmail.com

Joop

I've found a new victim for running under Java in OS/2-eCS  :)

I found diy-layout creator http://code.google.com/p/diy-layout-creator/

Download the zip diylc-3.7.0-beta.zip, unpack it in a directory, I called mine diylc. Delete diylc.exe and run.sh  

Make a commandfile with the following contents;

@echo off
set BEGINLIBPATH=[drive with Java:]\JAVA\JAVA160\bin
set path=[drive with Java:]\JAVA\JAVA160\bin
set CLASSPATH=[drive with programs:]\CAD\diylc\lib
[drive with programs:]
cd [drive with programs:]\CAD\diylc
java -Xms128m -Xmx512m -jar diylc.jar 2>diylc-3_70_beta-bugs.txt

I managed to load a thing or two, its not all okay because it generates a small bug file. I did it with ODIN 0.7.1 and Java 1.6.0 GA1. I get severe errors with ODIN 0.8.x like missing menu bars, no drives or files in dropdown menu's etc. The Combi ODIN 0.7.1 and Java 1.6.0 GA1 works up to now for all things I start.

Quest, in case you want to help me, is a replacement for "lochmaster". This is a stripboard designer with all known stripboards available in Europe and off course components. The worst thing about it is that it has to run in Windows 98 (version 3.0) or XP or worse (version 4.0), but the most nasty thing is that it addresses virtual non existing memory which is possible in Windows, that's why Windows sucks, but which creates severe errors in ODIN, because that program does the right thing. So the quest is a stripboard designing program which has to run under OS/2-eCS. Its okay if it runs in Java or for that matter in Odin. Of course native is also oaky, but I don't think such exists, but you can never know. Its a big world out there...

Have fun,
Joop

guzzi

Would qelectrotech be able to do the same? (on netlabs)

Joop

Quote from: guzzi on 2012.08.12, 02:01:18
Would qelectrotech be able to do the same? (on netlabs)
No, you can only use it for an electric diagram, not for placing parts on a stripboard which is actually the next step in the process. First you make a diagram, the schematics. Next you make a print which holds the components. Because this is a process with chemicals you have order it with a specialized firm which manufacture such boards. At home this is mostly forbidden due to environmental rules. A stripboard is something in between and here a special program comes in to help with it and to make the most of it. Mission critical applications still need the route via a specialized firm.