• Welcome to OS2World OLD-STATIC-BACKUP Forum.

News:

This is an old OS2World backup forum for reference only. IT IS READ ONLY!!!

If you need help with OS/2 - eComStation visit http://www.os2world.com/forum

Main Menu

Installing ESS 1878 Audio Drive on a Compaq Armada 4220T

Started by Barbara, 2007.12.28, 21:52:29

Previous topic - Next topic

Barbara

Hi, i've a trap installing all version of the ESS 1878 audiodrive available on hobbes on my Armada 4220T, does anywone knows wich drive is correct and were i can download it from internet? also the one from Compaq does not work! is there an alternative?
The system is eCS RC1.
Thanks in advantage,
Barbara.

Paul Smedley

Hi Barbara,

Quote from: Barbara on 2007.12.28, 21:52:29
Hi, i've a trap installing all version of the ESS 1878 audiodrive available on hobbes on my Armada 4220T, does anywone knows wich drive is correct and were i can download it from internet? also the one from Compaq does not work! is there an alternative?
The system is eCS RC1.
Thanks in advantage,

I would suggest installing Uniaud from ftp://ftp.netlabs.org/pub/uniaud/uniaud114RC4.zip

Cheers,

Paul.

Barbara

No, it does not work  :'( (ESS1938, ENSONIQ, SBLIVE as CARDNAME) wich one should works?

melf

/Mikael

Barbara

Works, but does ESS 1878 Audio Drive support DART? Warpvision, kmp and mplayer not always play sound performing some videos.

melf

For my part I don't know..I just googled the site with the driver.
/Mikael

RobertM

Quote from: Barbara on 2007.12.30, 13:04:26
Works, but does ESS 1878 Audio Drive support DART? Warpvision, kmp and mplayer not always play sound performing some videos.

WarpVision definitely has a problem playing sounds for various newer files (unsupported audio codec). Sometimes, if the files are loaded in the playlist, it will properly report that.

As for KMP and mPlayer, I have less problems of that nature with the newest version of mPlayer (from Hobbes). KMP does still have some issues with ones that mPlayer doesn't (mPlayer is a newer release). If KMP (and ffMPEG) are updated to the newer source the next time they are ported, I think those problems will go away as well.

With KMP and mPlayer, it should tell you (if you can read it before it's pushed off the screen) if it has found the correct audio codec, or if it can - or cannot - open the "audio port". Check those out to get a better idea of what's going on. If you set your commandline window to something longer (ie: 80x80 instead of 80x25), run KMP or mPlayer from there, you have a better chance of reading what's going on. You can even pause the movie once it starts and copy and paste the text in the cmd window to read it at your leisure...

-Robert

|
|
Kirk's 5 Year Mission Continues at:
Star Trek New Voyages
|
|