• Welcome to OS2World OLD-STATIC-BACKUP Forum.

News:

This is an old OS2World backup forum for reference only. IT IS READ ONLY!!!

If you need help with OS/2 - eComStation visit http://www.os2world.com/forum

Main Menu

ACPI driver 3.21.01 has been released

Started by miturbide, 2012.08.30, 05:26:11

Previous topic - Next topic

miturbide

http://www.os2world.com/content/view/21951/2/
QuotePosted by Martin Iturbide - Thursday, 30 August 2012

A new ve. .. .

I don't know if this released did something, but on the Thinkpad R51 that I installed this version, after the reboot, the temperature of the reactor widget showed some temperature drop. From 75° to 55°. That's good here.
Martín Itúrbide
OS2World.com NewsMaster
Open Source Advocate

Skype - martiniturbide
Google Talk - martiniturbide@gmail.com

eirik

Boot continues to be fast, no FnFX functionality yet, nor any suspend/resume (in line with expectations given by development team).  Temperature a bit higher than under the previous release, but adjusting settings in Local System/ACPI support/ACPI Power Mgmt brought temperature down to acceptable levels on my ThinkPad T410.  Apparently not any major changes from the previous release, but I suppose there is steady progress towards FnFX and suspend/resume working.  Cleaning up code is important to allow the major change.  Keep up the good work!

rwklein

Sometimes it is bad luck. But a bug has been found in APM.ADD by Joachim and me from Mensys.
David tested the 3.21.01 build on systems at Warpstock and on his own 10 computers at home,
Suspend resume did not work.

It turned out the old developer left a bug in the APM.ADD thunking code. The bug has been reported and fixed within 48 hours by David. We are now testing 3.21.02 and hopefully will release this ASAP.

Roderick Klein
Mensys

Blonde Guy

In the suite of drivers included in the ACPI distribution, one of them was likely causing a Trap 8. Two of us had this at Warpstock. But we didn't have time to find what the cause might be. I'm hoping that is what you found in APM.ADD.
Expert Consulting for OS/2 and eComStation