• Welcome to OS2World OLD-STATIC-BACKUP Forum.

News:

This is an old OS2World backup forum for reference only. IT IS READ ONLY!!!

If you need help with OS/2 - eComStation visit http://www.os2world.com/forum

Main Menu

Install a Device driver after eCS has booted?

Started by klipp, 2008.01.25, 20:10:48

Previous topic - Next topic

klipp

Is it possible to install an additional device driver after eCS has completed booting? In my case I need to install the old Soundblaster Driver (SB16D2.SYS)because of a unresolvable IRQ conflict stemming from the installation of a SCSI BASEDEV Driver (SYM416.ADD using the OVERRIDE option), which prevents it (SB16D2.SYS)from installing during the normal boot process.
Thanks for any ideas.

klipp
Windoz Free! eCS 2.0 serving Linux, Windoz & OS2
rklipp@megared.net.mx

Saijin_Naib

I think you just have to install it using the os/2 multimedia installer. Type minstall from command prompt once its booted and set the path to install the driver (your going to need the control.scr file) and it should work fine.

Andi

I think this is not possible. Heard that should be a feature of Warp5...

But, if the sound driver couldn't be loaded during boot cause of IRQ conflicts, why do you think it should work afterwards?

By the way, are these cards ISA based? If yes, IRQ sharing is not possible by hardware restrictions anyway.

Radek

(a) The jumpers on the sound card can resolve the IRQ conflict.
(b) Minstall is perfectly possible. It was always available in Warp. You must have MM installed and have the full driver package (not only the driver itself but also the mentioned .scr and perhaps some other files referenced by the script).