• Welcome to OS2World OLD-STATIC-BACKUP Forum.

News:

This is an old OS2World backup forum for reference only. IT IS READ ONLY!!!

If you need help with OS/2 - eComStation visit http://www.os2world.com/forum

Main Menu

Freezing of the WPS

Started by Carlo_Warp, 2007.12.19, 21:59:32

Previous topic - Next topic

djcaetano

Quote from: RobertM on 2008.01.31, 03:24:03
Yup... removed all registry keys, the ft2lib.dll and libc06b4.dll, reinstalled, hang b4 desktop loads...

Correct it the ugly way: boot to command line and rename ft2lib.dll. I had to do this before, but not with Innotek font engine (I am using 2.60 for a lot of time and never had any problems with it - Warp 4.52 refresh 2)... the problem was when I tried to install FreeType/2.

It seems I may have had 2.40 running before (and archived copies of the newer DLL)... which would indicate I tried this before with no success. Anyway... I reinstalled 2.40 and that is up and running fine... so I am at a loss. I might try re-installing 2.60b and then moving the libc dll someplace that is first in the path list - maybe it is conflicting with all the other versions of libc6 installed for other stuff. It is the only copy of libc06b4.dll installed... but maybe it is conflicting with one of these?
libc06.dll
libc061.dll
libc062.dll
libc0621.dll
libc063.dll
libc0631.dll
libc0632.dll
libc0633.dll
libc06b2.dll
libc06r1.dll
Specifically maybe r1 or b2? or 6.1+? Got me... but for now I have font support again, so I will mess with it some more after I get some work done...

Difficult to say. POPUPLOG.OS2 hasn't any clues?

RobertM

Quote from: djcaetano on 2008.01.31, 03:34:50
Yup... removed all registry keys, the ft2lib.dll and libc06b4.dll, reinstalled, hang b4 desktop loads...

Correct it the ugly way: boot to command line and rename ft2lib.dll. I had to do this before, but not with Innotek font engine (I am using 2.60 for a lot of time and never had any problems with it - Warp 4.52 refresh 2)... the problem was when I tried to install FreeType/2.
That's exactly how I corrected it... then booted OK, then loaded regedit2 and removed all entries, then restarted, then tried a fresh install, then rebooted, then watched it hang at the desktop.

Quote from: djcaetano on 2008.01.31, 03:34:50
It seems I may have had 2.40 running before (and archived copies of the newer DLL)... which would indicate I tried this before with no success. Anyway... I reinstalled 2.40 and that is up and running fine... so I am at a loss. I might try re-installing 2.60b and then moving the libc dll someplace that is first in the path list - maybe it is conflicting with all the other versions of libc6 installed for other stuff. It is the only copy of libc06b4.dll installed... but maybe it is conflicting with one of these?
libc06r.dll... (many libc06's)

Specifically maybe r1 or b2? or 6.1+? Got me... but for now I have font support again, so I will mess with it some more after I get some work done...

Difficult to say. POPUPLOG.OS2 hasn't any clues?

Nada. The key reason I suspect one of the other ones at this point is that removing the libc06b4.dll did not resolve the WPS hang (tried that first time of multiple attempts)... leading me to believe that it still tried loading ft2lib.dll (using another version of libc06). May not be the BEST of reasons, but I'd suspect that ft2lib.dll just wouldnt load if a dll it needed was missing - hence I think/thought it may be trying another libc06* instead and hanging... the other ones are earlier in the path structure, so maybe that is the case.

-Rob

|
|
Kirk's 5 Year Mission Continues at:
Star Trek New Voyages
|
|

Carlo_Warp

After having installed Innotek Font Engine 2.60. I got 1 freezing! I would like to install a DNS proxy.
Does anybody know how to install Paul Smedley's proxy (Dproxy Nexgen). The documentation doesn't seem to be very helpful.

Thanks in advance.

Quote from: Carlo_Warp on 2008.01.30, 23:35:55
I installed version Innotek Font Engine 2.60 beta. I am now writing from PW Firefox under eCS 2.0 RC 1. Let's see how it works!

Carlo_Warp

After having uninstalled the Flash Player 5 the situation improved! I didn't have freezings since Saturday and this is a very great result.