• Welcome to OS2World OLD-STATIC-BACKUP Forum.

News:

This is an old OS2World backup forum for reference only. IT IS READ ONLY!!!

If you need help with OS/2 - eComStation visit http://www.os2world.com/forum

Main Menu

Where can I download ps30822en.zip?

Started by klipp, 2008.02.13, 01:31:19

Previous topic - Next topic

klipp

I need this postscript driver and apparently its no longer "FTP-able" from ftp.ecomstation.com
Can anybody tell me where or how I can get it?
Thanks

klipp
Windoz Free! eCS 2.0 serving Linux, Windoz & OS2
rklipp@megared.net.mx

RobertM

Hi klipp,

I dont have that one here (but will check my other machines). Not sure what in particular you need that is only in that driver package, but if it happened to be in older packages, I do have:

ps30698.zip  714469 bytes

If that will help (or if you want me to look for something in particular in that file), let me know and I will make the file available to you...

-Robert

|
|
Kirk's 5 Year Mission Continues at:
Star Trek New Voyages
|
|

RobertM

Hey klipp,

Actually, the file is still there... log in to the eComStation Driver area... find the 30827 file, copy the link location from it's page, paste that into your titlebar and change the ps30827en.zip to ps30822.zip and download away!

-Robert

|
|
Star Trek New Voyages
|
|

klipp

Thanks RobertM,
I can only find ls30827en.zip on the eCS driver downloads, no ps30827en.zip. I need the postscript drivers. I assume th "ls" prefix is for regular laser printer drivers, and the "ps" indicates postscript. Am I wrong?
Thanks again

klipp
rklipp@megared.net.mx

RobertM

Quote from: klipp on 2008.02.13, 04:08:26
Thanks RobertM,
I can only find ls30827en.zip on the eCS driver downloads, no ps30827en.zip. I need the postscript drivers. I assume th "ls" prefix is for regular laser printer drivers, and the "ps" indicates postscript. Am I wrong?
Thanks again

klipp

Hmmm... the question I guess then is where are you getting to the files list from? I am:

• logging in from the www.ecomstation.com website
  • Clicking "Download the Latest Software and Updates"
  • Clicking the "All Device Drivers" at the bottom of the Device Driver section
  • Then going to the last page (61-78 of 78)
  • Scroll 1/3 the way down, and you will see the PS ones... click on the English one...
  • On the new screen, right click on the download link, and select "Copy Link Location" (assuming you are using Firefox)
  • Paste that into the URL bar of the browser, and then change the file name to ps30822en.zip and hit enter...

Let me know if that helps...

-Robert

|
|
Star Trek New Voyages
|
|

klipp

I got it RobertM!
I don't know what I was doing wrong, but you're detailed instructions solved the problem! Thank you VERY much!

klipp
rklipp@megared.net.mx

RobertM

No prob! Glad I could help! I've found, often with computers, that sometimes it just takes a fresh set of eyes looking at the same problem...  :)

-Rob

|
|
Star Trek New Voyages
|
|

jep

While you mention it...are there any replacement for ls30827en.zip anytime soon?
It doesn't really work as the radio buttons for paper orientation among other things can't be set.
I have to install ls30822en.zip to be able to use it with my Brother HL-1240 and HP 2550Ln.

//Jan-Erik

Yes, I know, HP 2550Ln work better with the PS driver.