• Welcome to OS2World OLD-STATIC-BACKUP Forum.

News:

This is an old OS2World backup forum for reference only. IT IS READ ONLY!!!

If you need help with OS/2 - eComStation visit http://www.os2world.com/forum

Main Menu

AudioSurf

Started by Saijin_Naib, 2008.02.13, 20:28:50

Previous topic - Next topic

Saijin_Naib

http://www.audio-surf.com/

Okay, I know not many of you guys here have Windows installed or like gaming, I seem to recall someone saying gaming is the most base waste of time there is, buuuut... I just came across this game today, and I feel its truly unique, and offers an experience most anyone can enjoy.

The concept, so far as I understand it, is quite simple. Its an adaptive audio game. You load your music tracks into the game, it profiles the waveform and sound signature for the song, and then, you get placed into a 3d world where you are a ship that rides along the song's waveform. You have to hit colored blocks (representing different peaks/notes) in the song as you go along. The tempo vaires as you link things and its pretty stunning to play. I've truly enjoyed it. I have pre-ordered the full game on Steam, but I tested the game out by getting the Weekend demo from a less reputable source :\ However, it will stop you from playing your own tracks after 3 songs, so its fair game all around I suppose. If you would like to try it without jumping through some (minor) hoops to play it, wait until the demo gets released to the public this weekend :)

The tracks I have done so far are:
Lullaby-The Cure
Euphoric Eyes-4 Strings
September-Earth, Wind, & Fire
Chia, Like I shall Grow- Say Anything

Let me know what you think if anyone tries it!

BigWarpGuy

It sounds cool. I will give it a try on my WinPC.  ;D

Saijin_Naib

It definately is :) If you use the Demo, you can use the Free tracks as much as you wish. I've had a blast so far, I can't wait to get the real version and post scores with my profile :)

Enjoy! My favorite character to play as is Mono, with Ninja Mono as a second. Ninja mono is kinda tough :P

Saijin_Naib

The full version has released on Steam as of 4pm (EST USA). The demo is still not out on the site though :(

I've been playing, and WOW. That's all I can say.