• Welcome to OS2World OLD-STATIC-BACKUP Forum.

News:

This is an old OS2World backup forum for reference only. IT IS READ ONLY!!!

If you need help with OS/2 - eComStation visit http://www.os2world.com/forum

Main Menu

Links Golf Game for OS/2 1.5 anywhere available in this world?

Started by mnerlich, 2008.03.01, 17:45:20

Previous topic - Next topic

mnerlich

Hi OS/2 World,

I am an OS/2-fan and playing for long "Links 386 Pro" under eCS in a full screen DOS-Box. Its an fantastic game, quick and good graphics. But playing this game in fullscreen-mode on a beamer does not work. Thats not fine. So I am searching for Links  Golf for OS/2 1.5 to play this game in a OS/2-window, but nowhere on this planet is this game available. Stardock will no more distribute this game. Is there anyone in this world, who has this game in a box or know, where I can buy this game?

thanks mn.
*** OS/2- and eCS-Fan from Germany ***

MrJinx

I will keep my eye out for you. I'm trying to find Hopkins FBI for OS/2 with about the same luck. Anyone have a copy of that they would like to sell?

mnerlich

Hallo Mr. Jinx,

thats sounds fantastic. If you find someone tell me under 'mnerlich@tradestep.com', so I can find a way to get this famous golf game for OS/2.

thanks a lot, mn.

lpino

I own both games. I used to play Links and it was fun. Hopkins FBI, got it but never really played it. I'm not really going to charge for those games (they are abandonware anyway), so give me an address and I will upload them there.

PS. I own most of the games that were ever available for OS/2, even Lemmings

BigWarpGuy

Perhaps you could upload them to the games site hosted by OS/2 World?   ???      8)

kim

Well, we have actually set up a specific ftp account to be used to upload abandonware; among other Hopkins FBI and Trials of Battle has been uploaded. We will and are working on figure out a way to make the collection available for download and there are other interesting software on it's way as well.

So if you have something that you might think that we should keep a mirror of here at OS2 World and see if we can either make the original copyright holder to open source, move the license over to OS2 World Foundation (or what ever we can figure out). Well, then keep posting suggestions and if you want to upload anything to the server - please then contact me directly at kimh at os2world dot com and you'll get the needed information to upload.

mnerlich

Hi OS/2-World

a download ftp-address for abandonware would be fine. But now Ipino can you zip me the program whitout courses (keeps it smaller) and send it to my e-mail address "mnerlich@tradestep.com". Would be great.

Thanks for your answer, mn.

mnerlich

Hi lpino,

I tried to send you a message over your profile, but it failed! 'Security code or something else'-message!? Can you tell me a way to tell you where you can upload the golfgame if my e-mail address above is not enough for upload!?

Thanks so long, mn.

Robert Deed

Would love to get a copy of this game.. would also love for someone to figure out why SimCity 2000 fails to load with newest snap and 1600x1200 display..

Actually.. lol.. I think I know what code needs to be patched on it, I'm guessing it must calculate the starting window size based on the desktop, and it is making a screen too large for the game to manage..  I wouldn't mind being constrainted to a 1024x768 window.. I would just like the thing to start.

I wonder what Links would do.  I even OWN a copy of links, however all my OS/2 software was stolen along with a few development machines when my apartment was broken into (almost 10 years ago).

Sigurd

Hi,

would like to ask: is this ftp account availiable now? When will it be?

Thanks

mnerlich

Hi OS2-World,

Leanoardo Pino was looking in his archives and he cant find Links Golf for OS2 anymore. So I hope anyone here has an idea how I can get this game.

Thanks so long
mn.

PAUL555

Mnerlich , I suggest that you put in a request to purchase this game on Ebay.Anyone having this game and wanting to sell it should come up.     

Paul   

Paul Smedley

Quote from: PAUL555 on 2009.01.03, 06:50:18

Mnerlich , I suggest that you put in a request to purchase this game on Ebay.Anyone having this game and wanting to sell it should come up.     

Paul   

I have a boxed copy of Links for OS/2 that I'd be prepared to sell.... no idea what it's worth tho....

PAUL555

Links Golf for OS/2 has come up on Prt Bay. Anyone looking for this game can check this out. Since the game is currently abanonware for Stardock, this notification should be okay in my opinion.

Paul 

melf

Quote from: PAUL555 on 2011.02.07, 17:31:55

Links Golf for OS/2 has come up on Prt Bay. Anyone looking for this game can check this out. Since the game is currently abanonware for Stardock, this notification should be okay in my opinion.

Paul 

FYI, you may want to check for other well known games as well... (I did)
/Mikael