• Welcome to OS2World OLD-STATIC-BACKUP Forum.

News:

This is an old OS2World backup forum for reference only. IT IS READ ONLY!!!

If you need help with OS/2 - eComStation visit http://www.os2world.com/forum

Main Menu

Virtual PC works for OS/2

Started by poseidon.future, 2008.03.13, 18:04:15

Previous topic - Next topic

poseidon.future

I've succeed to install OS/2 Warp 3 on Windows 2008 Server, we plan to use this on MES Server in the future to solve no Server H/W support problem. Anybody knows more solution for solving H/W support problem, plz let me know.

poseidon.future@gmail.com

RobertM

Quote from: poseidon.future on 2008.03.13, 18:04:15
I've succeed to install OS/2 Warp 3 on Windows 2008 Server, we plan to use this on MES Server in the future to solve no Server H/W support problem. Anybody knows more solution for solving H/W support problem, plz let me know.

poseidon.future@gmail.com

What type of hardware support issues are you looking for? eComStation installs on far more hardware than Warp 3 - and with updating the IDE drivers on the install disk, that increases the number pretty significantly (covers more SATA chipsets than the original install disk). It also includes better/more support for new video cards and network drivers.

-Robert

|
|
Kirk's 5 Year Mission Continues at:
Star Trek New Voyages
|
|

poseidon.future

Does eComStation support Server RAID Disk or SAS RAID, where could I find the support page, thanks if you may tell me.

RobertM

Quote from: poseidon.future on 2008.03.14, 16:29:05
Does eComStation support Server RAID Disk or SAS RAID, where could I find the support page, thanks if you may tell me.

I'll check my eCS disk to see if the drivers are included. If they are not, they are downloadable from the eComStation Driver Zone.

If you use the ServeRAID config disk, you may not even need any special drivers - the RAID adapter seems to take care of everything. The only "issue" I had was the boot partition needed to be 7GB or smaller - with no limit on other partitions.

As for SAS RAID, I think the drivers came with the various products - and do not know which ones were supported. It might be the same driver set though. I'll check and see if there are notes in the driver package.

-Robert

|
|
Star Trek New Voyages
|
|

magog

RAID is a problem as you still need drivers for the controller. You can use the config stuff the BIOS of the controller offers but as far as I know you then need drivers for the controller on the OS you want to use this RAID config with.
We are talking about 3ware and other "real" hardware controllers right?
Regards,
Juergen
*** Java Movie Database - http://www.jmdb.de/

RobertM

Quote from: magog on 2008.03.18, 12:48:45
RAID is a problem as you still need drivers for the controller. You can use the config stuff the BIOS of the controller offers but as far as I know you then need drivers for the controller on the OS you want to use this RAID config with.
We are talking about 3ware and other "real" hardware controllers right?

You are indeed correct... the RAID driver is still needed - didnt even realize it had installed it (default WSeB install with no driver additions) - and yeah, it's real hardware RAID - oddly, even the memory that comes in most of the IBM PC servers is RAID memory (no joke).

-Robert

|
|
Star Trek New Voyages
|
|