• Welcome to OS2World OLD-STATIC-BACKUP Forum.

News:

This is an old OS2World backup forum for reference only. IT IS READ ONLY!!!

If you need help with OS/2 - eComStation visit http://www.os2world.com/forum

Main Menu

Skype for OS/2

Started by miturbide, 2007.05.17, 01:14:55

Previous topic - Next topic

miturbide

Supporting thread for the Skype for OS/2 bounty. The original and old bounty thread can be found here.

Martín Itúrbide
OS2World.com NewsMaster
Open Source Advocate

Skype - martiniturbide
Google Talk - martiniturbide@gmail.com

miturbide

Hi

There had been some posting on this forums that possible this bounty will be not making much sense today. Thats why there haven't been any open source project that allows users to connect to skype server and neither skype hasn't released any documentation or code about his client.

So there had been two suggestion on what do do with this bounty.

1) Join this bounty to the OpenWengo port bounty

2) Create a new bounty of a VOIP client that can be Ekiga (GnomeMeeting) or ZAP.

I personally like option one since it had been said that openWengo has a more active community.

Please let me know your comments.
Martín Itúrbide
OS2World.com NewsMaster
Open Source Advocate

Skype - martiniturbide
Google Talk - martiniturbide@gmail.com

Andi710

I didn't vote for skype, but put some money into openwengo. I suggest we combine the two and make it a generic 'VoIP' phone app bounty, as discussed elsewhere.

BigWarpGuy

A generic voip would make it more useful since it would not be limited to Skype.   8)

Saijin_Naib

Stupid question, but can openWengo interface with Skype users?

kim

No, openwengo can't interact with Skype users not can Skype interact with any other voip solution either.

Based on what has been said so far; are every in favour that we combine the two mentioned bounties to a new one?

Saijin_Naib

Yeap, because any VOIP client is better than none!

Andi710

Quote from: kimhav on 2007.11.07, 23:42:58
Based on what has been said so far; are every in favour that we combine the two mentioned bounties to a new one?

YES. We might also divert some of the funds to a Qt 4.x port ;o)

Cheers
Andreas

microdrome

As one of the two paying bounty supporters ,it is fine with me to if the funds are transferred.

Peter

diver

this bounty is another good proove that the system doesn't work as it should. both sponsors said it's fine to transfer the money to something else.

regards
Silvan