• Welcome to OS2World OLD-STATIC-BACKUP Forum.

News:

This is an old OS2World backup forum for reference only. IT IS READ ONLY!!!

If you need help with OS/2 - eComStation visit http://www.os2world.com/forum

Main Menu

Chat client that supports MSN

Started by kim, 2008.04.04, 11:31:48

Previous topic - Next topic

Saijin_Naib

Quote from: saborion2 on 2008.04.13, 22:21:11
You know ""Saijin_Naib"; you reminded me of the time when I was attending a college course and for the first time the word "concatenation" was introduced in my micro-computing class and I did not understand what that word meant; but, after some figuring out and discussion/discourse with fellow class mates I finally figured out what that word was really about; and, it is quite certain when you do the same everything will just snap in place as you "ponder" just that little bit more about what is really being said by me in my posts. For example;
"to possess different sporting skills/techniques", wear/put on different sporting gear/wear; and, "the abilities to do the same things differently" to the Windows and Linux kids that are also playing in the parks around the world (MSN)...
What took you so long to find/recommend "MrMessage" for OS/2-eComStation as a "Chat Client"?  ;D
I'm still not quite getting the (deeper,hidden?) meanings in your posts, for whatever reason. I thought I was well versed enough in literature to understand such subtelties, but I guess not.

To respond directly, it took me forever to find MrMessage because when I first started using eComStation, I had no idea where to turn for what software. It took me weeks to find hobbes and then further months to find out about the eComstation software guide (ecomstation.it site). I still find it rather daunting to find up-to-date software for some things I need, but now I'm comfortable enough with hobbes and eCo.it to find what I need most of the time. However, I was playing with Zeta (BeOS/Haiku/yellowTab) last night, and I took notice of it's installer. It comes pre-packaged with a TON of software to get you up and on your feet, including a native Instant Messaging client. Also, the installer has a description/screenshot of every piece of software that you install, greatly easing the transition and allowing you to familiarize yourself with the programs you will begin to use.

Anyway, I still think we need an MSN-compatible client because a lot of people use MSN to communicate. I did as well, until the MSN transport in PSI deleted my buddies from the MSN server. Now, I have no means of contacting the friends I made in China this past summer. That really sucked  :-[

saborion2

I'm still not quite getting the (deeper,hidden?) meanings in your posts, for whatever reason. I thought I was well versed enough in literature to understand such subtelties, but I guess not.

Me too, I am still trying to figure our what was the real "catch" behind this OS/2 Video (link attached):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksFqjI3gyAo

The thing is, I spent a good part of my youthful life in South America and I am thinking that if they can have that "laptop" in the jungle; then, what has happened with the "idea" of an OS/2 centric network stretching all the way to the "Southern Tip of South America" as I am curious to know what a certain Swedish  Hydro-Power Consultant/Engineer - Lars Lo..d (I believe "kimhav" will have to help me with the spelling of that last name, not sure I can remember the exact spelling  :) ) knows that I don't (whether any such network would be a viable option under certain circumstances to assist in "real time" project preparation activities. Did you get the clue/hint as to why it does not have to be "MSN" for some? Simple, the "sporting interest" (method of getting it done)
QuoteI'm still not quite getting the (deeper,hidden?) meanings in your posts
could be different (meaning that "MSN" could be ignored altogether by some; and, that is one of the
Quote(deeper,hidden?) meaning of
my posts ;)

Also,
QuoteTo respond directly, it took me forever to find Mr. Message because when I first started using eComStation, I had no idea where to turn for what software. It took me weeks to find hobbes and then further months to find out about the eComstation software guide (ecomstation.

Fortunately or unfortunately I am old school; and, for me it is OS/2, Lotus 1-2-3...; and, Lotus SameTime... would be the icing on the cake.   ;D ;D ;D

BTW, I learned about Mr. Message some time ago through these web sites:

http://www.os2bbs.com/OS2News/

http://mamodeo.dyndns.org/MrMessage/

I am not quite sure if you are quite familiar with them and thought that I will share this information with you.

Best regards.  ;)