• Welcome to OS2World OLD-STATIC-BACKUP Forum.

News:

This is an old OS2World backup forum for reference only. IT IS READ ONLY!!!

If you need help with OS/2 - eComStation visit http://www.os2world.com/forum

Main Menu

PMMAIL V3 conversion to, happy user, a Shameless testimonial

Started by Dave Palmer, 2008.04.19, 00:16:22

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Palmer

I've just had a successful conversion to PMMAIL V3. 

I've been a long time PMMAIL user.  Recent ISP changes forced me to either find a new mail package or convert.

I  installed Thunderbird. It worked.  It handled the security needs.   But I was turned off by the cuteness and coloring book appearance of the user interface.  My filters had to be redone, my signature processing would be different and I really didn't like the way address books were handled or the way they are used.  Most of all the it didn't seem to multitask.  Each email I sent required a new task window, and tied up things.  I didn't pursue why that happened.  It was a nuisance.

When PMMAIL V3 GA happened, I was ready to go.  But I have/had an older OS/2 Warp4 system, an outdated kernel and a 16bit stack.

Despite these hindrances, the OS2Voice PMMAIL team really provided support.  They made it possible for me to upgrade and I couldn't be happier.  I'm still sort of back level and still 16bit stack, but PMMAIL really works -

The new version has the same friendly interface and works like a charm.  I was able to keep all my previous mail folders, my filters, and even continue to use my home-grown signature swapping code.

The OS2VOICE team (Doug Bissett and James Moe) deserve kudos!  They're great advocates and supporters of OS/2.

Regards to both, and all,
Dave

Blonde Guy

Good to hear you like PMMail.

PMMail is built with GCC 3.3.5 csd 3 and needs libc063.dll to run. I'm pleased that this toolset can work with the 16-bit TCP/IP stack.
Expert Consulting for OS/2 and eComStation