• Welcome to OS2World OLD-STATIC-BACKUP Forum.

News:

This is an old OS2World backup forum for reference only. IT IS READ ONLY!!!

If you need help with OS/2 - eComStation visit http://www.os2world.com/forum

Main Menu

Looking for special Point of sale / label )printer drivers. Epson / Intermec

Started by microdrome, 2008.04.30, 21:35:17

Previous topic - Next topic

microdrome

About the touchscreen : it is in fact a "all in one" PC .
Most important is that there is a ELO touchscreen controller inside which is serially connected.
There is a (old) driver available for most ELO controllers as long as they are serial ,other interfaces are not supported by this driver.
Same applies for screens with a microtouch controller inside.
As far as i know no other brands have OS/2 drivers

RobertM

Quote from: microdrome on 2010.03.29, 12:32:17
As far as i know no other brands have OS/2 drivers

That is indeed (mostly) correct. Minor wording change for accuracy.

Many serial connected touchscreens are OS/2 compatible, but only those manufactured for the re-brander by Elo or MicroTouch.

That includes a variety of Sony, IBM and other CRT or LCD touchscreens for instance. As a matter of fact, at one point, the majority of touchscreen CRT and LCD units had an Elo or MicroTouch touch panel inside of them. The problem is determining which contains such a unit and how the touchpanel interfaces with the computer.

|
|
Kirk's 5 Year Mission Continues at:
Star Trek New Voyages
|
|

microdrome

o.k. i meant "As far as i know no other -controller- brands have OS/2 drivers ."

Problem is how to identify the controller brand inside. 
Finding the corresponding windows driver is not always the right way.
I know because i repair/sell a lot of touchscreens and for instance Digipos has the bad habit of putting different controllers into 1 model - if you are lucky there is a label which states which-

With serial/ps2 models i use the DOS calibration utility to identify the controller ,both ELO and Microtouch have them and you don't have to install/restart the machine to find out (works in a dos box too)

For USB models easiest way is to connect and look op the chip id's -but that is not usefull (yet) for os/2