CG38350C / dceadmin - OS/2 DCE Administration Workshop
About the Course
In this five-day workshop, students become familiar with the components of OSF DCE 1.1 Administration by installation, configuration, and administration of DCE 2.1 for OS/2. This workshop is a combination of classroom lecture and hands-on lab work. (The student will spend a 50/50 ratio between lecture and lab.) This course reinforces key principles, topics and methods by using diagrams, examples, and coded applications.
This workshop is for personnel responsible for the administration of distributed software computing (DCE). The knowledge gained will assist the administrator in installation, configuration, and administration of DCE 2.1 for OS/2. This course will also be a benefit to OSF DCE 1.1 application programmers.
After successful completion of this course, the student should be able to:
- List and describe each core DCE component
- Describe the inter-relationship of the core DCE components to each
- Install and configure the core DCE components
- Administer the DCE environment
- Add users and groups to the DCE cells
- Administer the DCE namespace
- Administer time services
- Install typical DCE applications
The workshop will provide a broad-based understanding of the administration, setup, and installation of DCE 2.1 for OS/2. This course reinforces key principles, topics, and methods by using diagrams, examples, and coded applications. This workshop combines classroom lectures with laboratory projects to build and maintain an OS/2 DCE 2.1 cell.
- Installation of DCE components
- Configuration of single/multiple machine cells
- Principle, group, organization, and account management
- Directory service management and replication
- Cell security implementation and management
- Time service implementation and management
- C language programming is a plus.
Course Information and Enrollment
- Course Code: CG38350C