Jump to navigation Jump to search
Dialog Enhancer '99 is a desktop enhancer for OS/2 Warp 4.
- Colour Manager
- Additional application support
- New desktop look by resizing dialogs, adding new icons and changing the font to WarpSans
- New system font
- All enhanced dialog boxes now use WarpSans supplied with Warp 4.0 onwards. As a result, less space is required and the font is much easier on the eye.
- Control positioning
- Buttons, text boxes, labels are resized and re-positioned by hand to ensure a consistent layout. In many cases, dialog boxes are significantly reduced in size.
- New graphics
- New image resources are added to many dialogs to enhance their appearance. Many old dialog graphics have also been spruced up.
- Extra Information
- Some of the more complex dialog boxes have extra assistance text added to better convey information to a user.
- Memory optimization
- Bitmap and icon resources have redundant frames removed to reduce space required on the hard disk as well as memory.
- 3rd party apps
- In addition to the default OS files, several 3rd party applications are supported and can be visually updated.
- Adjustments to the display of icons allow the user to enjoy smaller icons at larger resolutions. Window movement is also improved by eliminating the horizontal jump drag bug.
- Christopher B. Wright: Dialog Enhancer 3.07 - OS/2 e-Zine! (May 1998)