It is GNOME for OS/2. Exactly it's the port of GNOME to XFree86OS/2. GNOME is an whole environment for XFree, that means it comes along with a lot of LIBs and also with a lot of applications based on these LIBs. GNOME is based on the GTK engine and can be used with all Windowmanagers, but it prefer a Windowmanager that fulfills some special restrictions like the Enlightnemnet.
First of all I want to thank all people that port X programs to OS/2 with this page. Especially Platon Fomichev and Hung-Chi Chu for porting GNOME. And as a lot of ports are made in Asia or Russia I want to mirror the needed files here, so people from the US and much other countries have a faster access.
|gnome core||base package with panel||++|
|GNUCash||personal finance accounting application||++|
|GNOME Photo||Digital Camera Software||++||Nearly ready to be published!|
|gAIM||AOL Instant Messenger clone. Program with the goal of ICQ.||++|
|gftp||easy to use ftp using 2 connections||+||80% stopped for a few week (pthread error)|
|Floyd||VRML 1.0/2.0 viewer||+|
|Code Commander||Syntax Highlighting Editor for Programmers etc.||+|
|go||wordprocessing (not far enough developed to be interesting)||-|
++ very high priority + high priority 0 normal priority - low priority -- very low priority
- GTK (> 1MB) 1.2.8 GIMP TOOL KIT, the user interface used by GNOME apps
- GLib 1.2.8
- Orbit 0.4.9.2
- Libs (> 1MB) 1.0.53
- Lib-XML 1.4.0
- Imlib 1.9.8 Updated version
- Imlib2 1.0.3
- evas 1.0.3 Needed for gozer.
- ImageMagick 4.2.2
- Doc (> 1MB) 1.0.53 only needed by programmers
- Lib-Panel 1.0.9 To use the Panel you need CORE first, but this is needed by some other progs, too
- GTK-Engine 0.8 needed for GTK-Themes
- gtk-BlueSteel a GTK-Theme
- Gnome Games (> 1MB) (> 1MB)
- Gnome Utils 1.09 a few nice utils (calculator etc.)
- Gnome Control Center 1.0.5 Configuration Tool
- E/2 Config 0.15 Configuration Tool for Enlightenment
- Gnome Midnight Commander Filemanager ~Desktop (does not work on every system)
- SCI Graphica 0.6.1 SciGraphica is a scientific application for data analysis and technical graphics. A killer app!
- Glimmer 0.9.19 Called CodeCommander before! Very powerfull programmers Editor! Highlighting support for: Ada, Bash/Sh, C/C++, DTML, HTML, Java, Latex, GNU Make, Object Caml, Perl, PHP, PO (Language Translation), Python, Lisp (guile, scheme, etc), SGML, SQL, Tcl/Tk, WML, XML, and Z80 Assembly.
- Python 1.5.2 Programming Language, needed for some apps like SCI Graphica, X-Chat and Glimmer.
- X-Chat 1.6.1 Coolest chat program I know
- G-Napster Napster clone
- GPhoto 0.4.3 Digital Camera transfer utility.
- LICQ 0.85 Cool ICQ clone with Plugins (needs EMX FIX)
- EE - Patch ZIP - or Patch BZIP2. 0.3.11 ElectricEyes: Graphic viewer
- X-ScrSvr (>1MB) 3.0.9 X-ScreenSaver: VERY nice screen savers, some even with 3D
- GLAD 0.5.5 GTK/GNOME GUI builder (Gnome binary).
- GLAD 0.5.11 GTK/GNOME GUI builder (normal binary).
- GNP 1.2.0 pre 5 GNOME Note Pad: Editor with HTML functions
- SPRUC 0.5.4 GTK emailer !!!
- PAVUK Web Mirroring Tool with a lot of features. (call "pauk -X" to run it with GNOME-interface)
- ICON Edit - GDKPixBuf 0.8.0 - 1.0.0 Nice small ICON Editor. Need GDKPIXBuf
- DIA/2 Dia Homepage 0.8.5 DIA is a flowchart tool/diagram editor
- GTK See 0.5.0 Graphic viewer/browser
- X-Warpzilla 0.8 The Webbrowser for XFree86OS/2
- gozer Information will follow.
- gSokoban gSokoban is a sokoban clone, what is a game for your brain.
- Bin (> 6MB) 1.2.1 Theese are the basic packages you need for "GNU Image Manipulation Program".
- Data (> 1MB) 1.2.1
- Extra (> 4MB) 1.2.0
- X-Scanimage 1.1.30 Scan is the X-Scanimage plugin used with SANE (test it!!!)
- Prog 1.2.0 Prog is only needed by programmers
- PlugIn Source 1.1.15
- Man (>15MB) 1.1.8 Man is the manual in HTML, GNOME is needed to use the Helpbrowser read it.