HTML_txt converts HTML documents to text files.
- HTML_txt features include:
- Supports UL, OL, DL, and MENU lists.
- Supports nested TABLES, with several forms of tabular output
- FORM elements supported, including SELECT, TEXTAREA, and CHECKBOX.
- Hierarchical outline can be created from H1, H2, ..., H7 headings.
- Highly configurable; emphasis style, list bullets, outline numbering style, table writing options, and many other features are readily modified by changing user configurable parameters.
- Moderately efficient (table intensive 60k file in 10 seconds on a P166)
- Run from command line, or from a simple keyboard (non-gui) interface.
- Can be used as an "addon" for the SRE-http web server.
HTML_txt (which is written in REXX) can be run fom an OS/2 command prompt, as an SRE-http addon, or as a CGI-BIN script. It's optimized for SRE-http, but should work under any CGI-bin compliant OS/2 web server.
Furthermore, HTML_txt also works under other flavours of REXX (for example, Regina REXX for NT, Win95, and Linux).
- Open Source - GNU GPL
- Author: Daniel Hellerstein