MultiDesk is an extension package for OS/2, that enables multiple desktops and users, with individual configurations.
It takes a slightly different approach than other similar software products, that may make it a little less convenient to use, but a LOT more powerful.
Main features are:
- Multiple desktops, completely separate from each other;
- ...this means even separate class list: you can have different desktop enhancers for different users;
- Multiple users, each with his own desktop;
- Customizable environment, on a user-per-user basis;
- Customizable pre/post login scripts;
- Customizable shell: the user is NOT forced to use the WPS;
- Customizable resolution: each user can have a different video resolution;
- WarpCenter management (i.e. different WarpCenters for different users);
- Configurable default user;
- Configurable "root" (administrator) user;
- Configurable security settings;
- Locking of files to prevent users from reading/writing (e.g. configuration and password files are automatically locked).
- A full-featured user-management program, that can be used to:
- Create/delete users;
- Create/delete desktops;
- Customize desktops;
- Copy settings from one desktop to another;
- You need WarpIN to install MultiDesk.
- Hobbes: http://hobbes.nmsu.edu/h-viewer.php?dir=/pub/os2/util/wps&file=md-0-2-0.wpi
- Source Code: https://github.com/OS2World/UTIL-WPS-Multidesk
- Open source under the GNU GPL V2 license.
- Author: Cristiano Guadagnino