N3034 - OS/2 Kernel Debugging
Course N3034 - OS/2 Kernel Debugging
Explore the OS/2 2.X data structures and the OS/2 kernel using the debugger.
How you will benefit
Learn how to effectively use the OS/2 kernel debugger.
- Overview of the kernel debugger
- Page demand memory management - CPU page translation
- The LDT and GDT: address thunking and memory management
- Analysis of memory management using the debugger
- API for memory management
- Kernel debugger lab exercises
- Description of the OS/2 loader and analysis
- Description of the OS/2 scheduler and analysis
- Description of OS/2 semaphores and analysis
- Introduction to semaphore API
- Final trouble shooting lab exercise
You should be able to read Assembler and C language source listings. You should also have a basic understanding of OS/2 concepts.