An utility to import newsgroups directly into your FidoNet areas. It connects directly to your(s) news servers and makes .PKT files. It works both for incoming and outgoing news, and it's completely transparent for your users.
Version 1.0g1 -> 1.0g2 - 28/06/1998
- + Give a look to the homepage sometimes: maybe you'll see some helpfile translations... ;-)
- $ The help file!
- + No +0000 timezone was added in Date field in countries with 0 TimeZone
- - Newsgate stripped the first four characters of any subject
- + If subject begins with "Re:" and there's no data to fill the References field, the "Re:" will be stripped - some servers require that
- - Fixed (I hope) some crashes under WinNT
- - [This is not my fault :-)] If you run under WinNT and NG does not connect to any server, let's upgrade Windows Socket to v2.2. Best upgrading even if you don't have any troubles
- - Fixed a terrifying bug in ^aMSGID handling... :-) You won't see anymore strange messages from WildCat!
- $ Added the "Import" feature in News Server configuration to allow importing NEWS.RC files
- $ Added FSC-0035 feature: you can now reply to a gated message directly to your UUCP gateway!
- - Some minor bugs fixed
- Bugfix + Enhancement $ New feature
- NewsGate v1.0 is a completely different program from v0.8. It has been rewritten from scratch and it has too many new fetures to describe them all. I'll tell you only it has a new visual interface and configuration program, antispam features, auto dialup and a new poll routines that grants speeds that can be twice higher than 0.8.
- Also it's now public domain and no longer shareware.
- Isn't all that enough to download it? ;-)
- [NG10G2.ZIP NewsGate v1.0 gamma 2]
- Public Domain