PS630 - Supporting OS/2 Warp Clients
Supporting OS/2 Warp Clients familiarizes the student with the contents of the IBM OS/2 Warp Connect offering and its installation procedures. OS/2 Warp Connect installation is followed by a discussion of the individual components included in the OS/2 Warp Connect package. This course views the operating environment from the requester's point of view. The assumption is that the person installing OS/2 Warp Connect has a ready and available server machine to which the OS/2 Warp Connect product will enable them to connect. This is not an IBM OS/2 LAN or Novell Server administration course.
- List the components included in the OS/2 Warp Connect package and describe the system hardware requirements necessary for OS/2 Warp Connect installation
- Describe methods for the installation of OS/2 Warp Connect and the procedures and considerations necessary for implementation of those methods
- Install and use the IBM Peer for OS/2 component of OS/2 Warp Connect
- Install and review the IBM OS/2 LAN Requester 4.0
- Contrast the IBM Peer for OS/2 and OS/2 LAN Requester peer services and OS/2 LAN Requester 4.0
- Install and review the NetWare Client for OS/2 2
- Describe OS/2 Warp Connect features whose functionality is utilized by multiple networking components included in the OS/2 Warp Connect package
- Install and use the IBM Network SignOn Coordinator/2 (NSC/2)
- Install and use the AskPSP problem database.
- Describe TCP/IP Version 3.0 for OS/2 and draw distinctions between TCP/IP 3.0 and the Bonus Pak's Internet Access Kit (IAK). In addition, recognize features, functions and configuration parameters of TCP/IP Version 3.0
- Install and review the LAN Distance product and be able to identify the protocols and applications with which it is well suited to operate
Individuals who wish to know how to install and configure the networking components included in OS/2 Warp Connect.
- OS/2 WARP Using and Customizing (PS600)
- OS/2 WARP Installation and Support (PS610)
- Not Available