Problems recognising various CD-ROM drives
Last Updated: 27th November, 1994
Various problems recognizing CD-ROM drives at installation time (e.g. SBCD2 not recognizing drives with unit codes other than zero), possibly other CD-ROM-related problems as well.
Any of the following CD-ROM drives:
- Philips LMS CM205, CM225 (single session)
- Philips LMS CM205, CM225 (multisession)
- Philips CM206, CM226
- Sony CDU-531, 535, 6150, 6201, 6205, 6251, 7201, and 7205 CD-ROM drives attached to a Sony CDB-240 series (or compatible) host adapter.
- Mitsumi CRMC-FX001 (single speed), CRMC-FX001D (double-speed)
- Mitsumi CRMC-LU005, CRMC-LU002
- Tandy CDR-1000 (Mitsumi)
- BSR-6800 (Mitsumi)
- Creative Labs OmniCD
- IBM ISA CD-ROM Drive
- Panasonic CR-521,522,523,562,563
Problems with Warp GA drivers.
Obtain an updated driver for your CD-ROM drive. These are currently available from the Talklink OS2BBS and CompuServe, and from ftp.cdrom.com in the /pub/os2/incoming directory. README files for each driver are included showing how to install them and what parameters each accepts.
The links currently point to software.watson.ibm.com - jon
[[CDDRVR.ZIP]] All fixes contained in one file 1.0 11/22/94 93440 [[WLM205.ZIP]] Philips LMS205 CD Driver 1.0 11/22/94 22320 [[WLM206.ZIP]] Philips LMS206 CD Driver 1.0 11/22/94 23680 [[WMITFX.ZIP]] Mitsumi CD Drivers 1.0 11/22/94 16640 [[WSBCD2.ZIP]] SoundBlaster CD Driver 1.0 11/22/94 15600 [[WSONY5.ZIP]] Sony 535 CD Driver 1.0 11/22/94 14720