|Version||1.0.5 Repack (2008-04-26)|
|Author||Paul Smedley, Goran Ivankovic, Klaus Staedtler|
Tame/2 keeps the promise of easy scanner access. You no longer must fight with non-mnemonic command lines to produce scans or to get the most out of your scanner (as far as SANE supports it).
It is nothing more and nothing less than an bridge between your scanner, SANE, MMOS/2 and your preferred picture painting/drawing/publishing application. Beyond simply controlling the scan process, Tame/2 supports printing and faxing from scans, uses an OS/2 "light table" to facilitate handling your scanned images, scanning from a queue, and scanning over a network.
Tame/2 is not a drawing or picture painting tool, therefore no picture editing capabilities are built in.
Tame/2 should work with every SANE release and with every Scanner supported by an OS/2 port of SANE. This is done using database of the specific settings for the scanners supported by SANE.
- Scan Multiple Copies now works with Real ADF too.
- Fax and PDF as output options for 'Scan multiple copies' added
- Bug when no printer is installed fixed
- Bug when default is pressed without selected scanner fixed
- Settings for external programs added
- Settings for keyboard shortcuts added
- Script generation added
- WPS-Integration when WPS-Wizard is installed added
- Settings for OCR added
- Faxview updated to 1.19c (Thanks to Harald Pollack)
- Updated and corrected scanner.dat
- Sane 1.0.14 builds with Intel byte-order for Tiff (Thanks to Franz Bakan and Maeda Haruyuki)
- tame101c.zip Tame/2 version 1.0.1c - Tame v1.0 executable and bundled Sane v1.0.16]
List of verified and supported scanners:
(It is quite possible that many more scanners are working. But as long we have no verification you won't see them here.)
|Scanner Model||Backend.conf to use||Notes|
||microtek2.conf||Additional parameter required :bntnln|
||microtek.conf||Additional parameter required :bntnln|
||usbscan$.conf and epson.conf.||A SaneUSB build is required, it should include the file.
Due to a workaround for the Epson 610U and 640U scanning with PNM as format maybe broken. Problems with SIS chipset (and/or USBOHCI.SYS) and 2400/1650 reported, we guess USB scanning with SIS chipset doesn't work with any USB scanner. We also recommend to make sure that either no IRQ's are shared for USB, or use the latest OS2LDR (for Warp4 FP13 and up) to avoid problems with shared IRQ's.
||hp.conf||Additional parameter (with HP only sometimes) required :bntnln|
||mustek.conf||The mustek backend differs in certain aspects from the other backends so it is quite possible that you won't get all scanner/sane possibilities with Tame/2.|
||mustek_pp.conf||Parallel Port Scanner|
||avision.conf||Only Color and Flatbed are working.|
||canon.conf||The Canon FS2710S does no preview and scans only in PNM.|
Tame/2 is free software but it is not public domain. The authors retain all copyright to the application and all files within it. You may use Tame/2 yourself and you may distribute it to others so long as all files are left unchanged. You may not distribute Tame/2 in any way which leads to your making a profit from it. This means that you can only charge enough to cover the costs of media, postage etc. involved in distribution. Also you may not use it as an incentive to buy something else. If you are in any doubt you should contact the authors. The author's permission must be obtained before Tame/2 is included on a magazine disc and P.D. libraries. You should, as a matter of courtesy, inform the authors when you are planning to distribute the application and send one copy of magazine disc to the authors.
The authors make no representations about the accuracy or suitability of this material for any purpose. It is provided "as is", without any express or implied warranties. The authors will assume no liability for damages either from the direct use of this product or as a consequence of the use of this product.
- OS/2 is Trademark of International Bussines Machines Corporation
- DrDialog is Copyright of International Bussines Machines Corporation
- drctl016.dll is Copyright of Chris Wohlgemuth (Home page)
- fastini.dll is Copyright of Dennis Bareis (Home page)
- FaxView is developed by Dr. Harald Pollack
- Nconvert.exe is Copyright of Pierre-e Gougelet (Home page)
- Rxxmio.dll is Copyright of Lone Peak Automation, LLC.
- Franz Bakan (Home page) - Authors of SANE ports to OS/2.
- Maeda Haruyuki - UBS