UniAud Frequently Asked Questions
- What is UniAud?
A. The UniAud project is the universal audio driver for OS/2 or eComStation OS, based on ALSA project
- On my great Thinkpad notebook everything detected ok, but sound plays only 1 sec. What have I do?
A. Go to ThinkPad setup and Disable USB BOOT.
- Uniaud detected my card successfully but no sound.
A. Try to install uniaud with amount of installed cards = 0 (see section below) reboot and then install uniaud with amount of cards = 1.
- Uniaud detected my card successfully but when I try to play something I got error "MCI Error 5134 - No device driver found".
A. Replace :\MMOS2\MMPM2.INI with one, that comes with this pack reboot and reinstall Uniaud.
- Uniaud detected my card successfully but when I try to play something I got repeat sound.
A. Make sure than your audio PCI device has exclusive irq (it is not necessary in meanwhile but some PCI devices cannot work on same shared irq). Useful tool for that is pci.exe, which you can download here.
- Where can I get support for UniAud?
A: Open a ticket at: http://svn.netlabs.org/uniaud/
Return to UniAud page.