|Download|| Fix 2.61
[updcd260.zip Version 2.60]
This is a tool to modify the OS/2 installer and CD image so it can include newer patches, driver and additional software.
- With UpdCD you can incorporate updated files (e.g. fixpaks) into your installation CD. In this way you will be able to install a refreshed version of OS/2 on modern systems. You do not have to reinstall fixpaks if you have used selective install. You can boot and install right from the CD. You can incorporate 3rd party products into the CD. Interested? Read on!
- Working principle
- UpdCD scans your original installation CD-ROM and updates all the files which you provide. Some of the files on the CD can be updated with a simple copy command, but most of them reside in packed (a sort of zip) and zip files and they require some more processing (packing/unpacking). The current version of UpdCD supports updates of single, packed (bundled) or zipped files, which makes it possible to incorporate base OS/2, Device Driver, Printer, MPTS, TCP/IP, PEER, Netware Requester Fixpaks, updates for Feature Installer, Java and new products like TCP/IP 4.x into the CD. The updated CD-ROM is created on your hard disk and can be converted to an ISO image or to a real installation CD-ROM.
UpdCD was tested with different versions of OS/2, Base Fixpaks, Device Driver Fixpaks, Printer Driver Fixpaks, MPTS fixpaks, TCP/IP fixpaks, PEER fixpaks, JAVA run-time, toolkit, samples and rmi-iiop fixpaks, Netware Requester update, Feature Installer update, Java updates (run-time, toolkit, samples, rmi-iiop), Netscape Communicator and TCP/IP updates. There is support for Warp 3, Warp 4, WSeB, MCP, ACP and eCS 1.x CD-ROM's. The updated CD-ROM can be made bootable too. A complete update procedure can be found in the package. You may also want to inspect the UpdCD feature matrix.
- UpdCD FAQ (Updated on 12.03.2005) 
- Listing of the directories fixes, updates and addons for various setups 
- UpdCD presentation on WarpStock 2005 (Hershey, PA) (OpenOffice 1.5 file)
- Build your own version of OS/2 (VOICE article) [English] [German]
- UpdCD presentation on WarpStock Europe 2002 (Arnheim, NL) (StarOffice 5.1 file)
- UpdCD presentation in Nieuwegein (NL, 2002) (StarOffice 5.1 file)
- UpdCD presentation in Duisburg (D, 2001) (StarOffice 5.1 file)
- UpdCD presentation on WarpStock Europe 2000 (Karslruhe, D) (StarOffice 5.1 file)