WC63 (WW)/WC630 (NA) - Getting Connected with OS/2 Warp 4
This course familiarizes the student with the contents of the IBM OS/2 Warp 4 offering and the installation procedures. OS/2 Warp 4 connectivity component installation is followed by a discussion of the individual components included in the OS/2 Warp 4 package.
After taking this course you will be able to:
- List the components included in the OS/2 Warp 4 package and describe the system hardware requirements necessary for OS/2 Warp 4 installation
- Describe methods for the installation of OS/2 Warp 4 and the procedures and considerations necessary for implementation of those methods
- Install and use the IBM LAN Requester/Peer for OS/2 component of OS/2 Warp 4
- Install and use the NetWare Client for OS/2
- Describe OS/2 Warp 4 features whose functionality is utilized by multiple networking components included in the OS/2 Warp 4 package
- Describe TCP/IP Version 3.1 for OS/2 and draw distinctions between TCP/IP 3.0 and the Bonus Pak's Internet Access Kit (IAK). In addition, use features, functions and configure parameters of TCP/IP Version 3.1:
- Internet Access
- Install and use the Remote Access Client for OS/2 product and identify the protocols and applications with which it is well suited to operate
- Describe and install the Multi-protocol Transport Services component of OS/2 Warp 4
- This is not an all inclusive list, there will probably be other products taught that are not specifically mentioned in the objectives delivered from PSP (e.g. Lotus Notes, Personal Communications 3270).
This course is intended for persons who wish to know how to install and configure the networking components included in OS/2 Warp 4. Participation in this course and execution of the exercises would also prove useful for helpdesk and support type personnel.
Before taking this course, you should be able to:
- Navigate OS/2 Warp 4 Desktop
- Describe and use OS/2 Warp 4 non-connected functions
These skills can be developed by taking:
- OS/2 Warp 4 Implementation (WC610)
- OS/2 Warp 4 Advanced Features and Support (WC620)
- Not Available