Warp Wish List 2014
This are the summary of ideas took from the "BrainStorm: Wish list for OS/2 and eComStation" thread on Nov 2014.
- Activate external screen/projector using function keys (related to (2) above)
- Suspend/resume (for those with laptops)
- Video Drivers:
- Updated SNAP
- SNAP for integrated Intel video with Multihead (3 times 1920x1200 resolution)
- Panorama: Resolution change without reboot support.
- Panorama: Support for the external VGA/HDMI port to connect it without reboot.
- WLAN adapter drivers
- Intel adapters
- Multiple sound streams for UniAud (my pet peeve)
- UEFI and GPT support.
- new VBOX with clipboard and full network support
- Improve the performance of it.
- Apache Open Office
- free all mem when closing and with fixed 'sticky window' ticket
- Free OpenOffice from the Innotek Font Engine, which is crippling it.
- More than 8k (more than 80x100 char buffer)
- Up to date VisualSlickEdit
- TCPIP v6 stack
- Video Conference App
- Java Update
- Make PMMail able to directly display Unicode text (a weakness which is rapidly rendering it unusable for modern work).
- The "quiet" boot.
- The Boot Logo Animation
- GUI - The Navigator
- GUI – The Desktop Structure
- Installed Apps Shortcuts Reorganization
- GUI – Icon Format
- GUI – eCenter Size / Icon Size
- Directory and File Structure
- The User Files Structure
- Improved GUI Themes.
- Save As / Open file dialog box (Open source)
- Copy/Replace File Dialogs updates
- The tray configuration (very simple)
- Updating the Launchpad.
- Revive "the monster" - XWorkplace.
- Solving the shared memory problem
- Fixed FPE (floating point exception (?) which crashes QT and other apps)
- (Libc066 has a fix/workaround for this, apps will need rebuilding)