Keith Merrington was born in London, Great Britain but moved in 1971 to the Netherlands where he got married, raised 2 children and was rewarded with 5 grandchildren.
Keith Merrington has been in computing since punched cards were used as input, and computers were made from discrete components. He has worked for various computer companies such as ICL English Electric, Philips Office Computer Systems, and Philips Microprocessors both in the commercial and technical side. He built his first computer soldering the chips in by hand, back in the 80's based on a based on a Signetics 2650 8 bit microprocessor with a massive 1K of memory and with two 8 inch floppy drives.
Keith still build (assemble) my own PCs today and have been using OS/2 since Warp 3. Although over the years He has programmed in COBOL, machine code, and various assembler dialects, He now usea C exclusively. One of his hobbies is writing PM programs for OS/2 and eComstation. He has written SigmaMD5, Searchplus, EasySync and a couple of utilities.
- k.merington -at- gmail (dot) com
- LinkedIn: https://nl.linkedin.com/pub/keith-merrington/b3/389/742
- Writing the ArcaOS installer
- Everything you ever wanted to know about extended attributes on OS/2
- Interview with Keith Merrington by eCoTVstation (May 11, 2011)
- EasySync, an update
- Warpstock Europe 2009 - APP01 md5 message digest uses and programs Keith Merrington
- Warpstock Europe 2009 - APP03 Part 1 of 2 Searchplus an update Keith Merrington
- Europe 2009 - APP03 Part 2 of 2 Searchplus an update Keith Merrington