|License||GNU GPL V2|
MultiDesk is an extension package for OS/2, that enables multiple desktops and users, with individual configurations.
It takes a slightly different approach than other similar software products, that may make it a little less convenient to use, but a lot more powerful.
Main features are:
- Multiple desktops, completely separate from each other
- Separate class list: you can have different desktop enhancers for different users
- Multiple users, each with his own desktop
- Customizable environment, on a user-per-user basis
- Customizable pre/post login scripts
- Customizable shell: the user is not forced to use the WPS
- Customizable resolution: each user can have a different video resolution
- WarpCenter management (i.e. different WarpCenters for different users)
- Configurable default user
- Configurable "root" (administrator) user
- Configurable security settings
- Locking of files to prevent users from reading/writing (e.g. configuration and password files are automatically locked).
- A full-featured user-management program, that can be used to:
- Create/delete users
- Create/delete desktops
- Customize desktops
- Copy settings from one desktop to another
- You need WarpIN to install MultiDesk.