Author Topic: Large mouse pointer for high resolution desktop ?  (Read 12924 times)

Dave Yeo

• View Profile
Re: Large mouse pointer for high resolution desktop ?
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2019, 07:18:46 pm »
I use OS/4 on one partition.  I uses their modified dive.dll.  I use comet cursors here also.  Need to see is FF is affected.  Sadly, I have not paid attention.

Note the backwards pref I mentioned. DIVE should help with video playback but IIRC, doesn't work on Mozilla with Panorama.

You can disable the shadow buffer in Panorama, set MOZ_ACCELERATED to 1 or 2 and set the pref which should force DIVE to work. MOZ_ACCELERATED set to 1 hides the pointer, 2 doesn't.
Untested here.
Run Firefox like so, to capture stdout and stderr,
Code: [Select]
firefox.exe 2>&1 | tee firefox.log

David Graser

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2019, 01:54:39 am »
Animated mouse pointers, updated in 2010 work stable - http://os2.guru/projects/amptr/?action=down
(part of NeoWPS project)

I tried windows 95 animated pointers.  Could not get them to work.  I know it used to work.  Was this feature removed?

Dave Yeo

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2019, 03:37:10 am »
Didn't support have to be installed? Something like http://hobbes.nmsu.edu/download/pub/os2/util/mouse/amptr/amptr101.zip Perhaps eCS had this installed by default?
I did install the above, got them to work and then, when mouse overing SeaMonkey, the system froze. On reboot, the desktop was covered with windows of the icon editor with various mouse pointers in them and before I closed them all, the system froze again.
Ended up restoring a backup.

David Graser

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2019, 06:08:49 am »
amptr101.zip causes freeze up and desktop corruption.  That is why I quit using it. Eugene's does not on my ArcaOS.  However, Eugene's version apparently did away with win95 ani support.  I have been unable to use the ani ptr icons.

Thus, making animated icons becomes very tedious.  I did a ballon test animated pointer.  It uses just about all the 32x32 making it highly visible with changing colors.  Since one cannot set the timing for each icon now, to do something really worthwhile will take numerous ptrs.  I will upload to my doobles if anyone wants to check it out.

David

« Last Edit: January 14, 2019, 06:33:59 am by David Graser »

madbrain

« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2019, 07:08:37 am »
If this were ever changed, make the default icon bigger to say 64x64 or 48x48. 

I would say, change it to 128x128 at least, since 8K monitors are already for sale.
64x64 would be good enough for 4K, but not for 8K .