OS/2, eCS & ArcaOS - Technical > Applications

Hardware Explorer

<< < (15/17) > >>

Digi:

--- Quote from: guzzi on February 17, 2020, 06:51:42 pm ---
--- Quote from: Dave Yeo on February 17, 2020, 06:32:51 pm ---See ticket 0002740 at the Arca Noae bug tracker.

--- End quote ---

Solved. Thanks.

--- End quote ---

There are also no problems with drivers from Lars, can be found on Hobbes. I even have one device (USB microscope) that works well with these drivers, but doesn’t work with Arca drivers.

ivan:
Hi Digi,

You might be interested in the results I get from my AMD Ryzen box.  Sorry it is split but I only have a 1920x1200 monitor.

Digi:

--- Quote from: ivan on February 18, 2020, 03:45:37 pm ---You might be interested in the results I get from my AMD Ryzen box.  Sorry it is split but I only have a 1920x1200 monitor.

--- End quote ---

Thanks! It’s a little strange for me that at least the manufacturer has not determined on a USB mouse and keyboard. Check if the usb.ids file is in the %etc% directory?

It would be interesting to see the results under OS/4. There, the picture with your PCI bridges will be much clearer and more logical.

Lars:

--- Quote from: Digi on February 18, 2020, 04:52:30 pm ---
--- Quote from: ivan on February 18, 2020, 03:45:37 pm ---You might be interested in the results I get from my AMD Ryzen box.  Sorry it is split but I only have a 1920x1200 monitor.

--- End quote ---

Thanks! It’s a little strange for me that at least the manufacturer has not determined on a USB mouse and keyboard. Check if the usb.ids file is in the %etc% directory?

It would be interesting to see the results under OS/4. There, the picture with your PCI bridges will be much clearer and more logical.

--- End quote ---
That might be a misunderstanding. My USB keyboard and mouse drivers will try and query the string descriptor for the product and they will also add a device to the RM tree. If they fail,they will instead display that message. Therefore I assume that Ivan is using my driver set.
By the way: my USBMSD.ADD also adds a RM device for each USB stick/disk/floppy/cdrom attached.

ivan:
Hi Digi,

That could be due to the fact this board has a massive amount of USB 3 and 3.1 ports attached to both the processor and a dedicated  USB 3 chip.

To be able to use any USB device requires a real (Via) USB 2 addin card.  The keyboard is highlighted in the lower screen grab which also shows the trackball as Kensington Orbit Optical.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version