Author Topic: Test build of dooble with qt5  (Read 139912 times)

Martin Iturbide

• OS2World NewsMaster
  • Global Moderator
  • Your Friend Wil Declares...
    • View Profile
    • Martin's Personal Blog
Re: Test build of dooble with qt5
« Reply #225 on: September 28, 2023, 02:16:20 pm »
Thanks Dave. Sorry for missing that one.
Martin Iturbide
OS2World NewsMaster
... just share the dream.

mauro

• View Profile
« Reply #226 on: November 20, 2023, 11:13:18 am »
Hi Dave, thinking to upgrade older working version, could just the Dooble.exe file be replaced by the one in this rpm, or the entire package would have to be upgraded (or reinstalled) ?
Thank you

Dave Yeo

• View Profile
« Reply #227 on: November 20, 2023, 04:33:47 pm »
I think just updating the binary should work.

Dave Yeo

• View Profile
« Reply #228 on: November 21, 2023, 05:36:10 am »
For David McKenna, who made a feature request upstream for "translate this page", which doesn't seem to work here.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2023, 04:40:47 pm by Dave Yeo »

Dave Yeo

• View Profile
« Reply #229 on: November 21, 2023, 06:25:27 am »
OK, it needs DOOBLE_GOOGLE_TRANSLATE_URL set. For now I'm using dooble.sh with modifications (added .exe) to launch and it mostly works giving a quick test.
Remove the .txt from the attached dooble.sh.txt and launch in the same directory as Dooble.exe is in as "sh dooble.sh" without the quotes.

David McKenna

• View Profile
« Reply #230 on: November 21, 2023, 12:59:56 pm »
Thanks Dave! I gave it a quick try after using your 'sh' script and the 'translate page' appears in the tools list, but I couldn't get it to work at os2.org (which is what made me think to ask in the first place). I get a message saying the topic can't be found - so maybe a problem with the GOOGLE_TRANSLATE_URL? I'll give it a more thorough test later today after work.

Why do we need that script? Is that something that can be built in? If I don't use it the translate page tool is greyed out. Maybe I can add stuff to the 'Environment' tab in the properties folder?...

Regards,

Dave Yeo

• View Profile
« Reply #231 on: November 21, 2023, 06:20:53 pm »
Hi David, cmd.exe's SET command seems to be lacking compared to sh and export. Good news is that using this (all one line),
Code: [Select]
DOOBLE_GOOGLE_TRANSLATE_URL=https://%1.translate.goog/%2?_x_tr_sl=auto&_x_tr_tl=%3&_x_tr_hl=%3&_x_tr_pto=wapp
in the environment tab of Dooble's program object does work.
Wonder how that can be automated? Or pass the URL in a set statement?
As for os2.org, which was my test URL, it does work, load os2.org, click Tools-->Translate, then in the new translated tab, click the topic works here. Not as nice as SeaMonkey.

David McKenna

• View Profile
« Reply #232 on: November 21, 2023, 10:31:19 pm »
 Hey Dave,

Ah.. I added that line to my 'Environment' tab, then loaded 'www.os2.org' and clicked on the translate tool, and indeed, translation works and I can navigate the site thru the google translation page - thanks for that!

What I was doing before (using your script) was going to www.os2.org, then clicking on a forum, then clicking the translate tool, and getting the error mentioned - and in fact if I do that with the environment variable set as above it does the same thing.

So is there some deficiency in the translate environment variable? Why does it only work on the root of the website I wonder? Can you verify?

Regards,

EDIT: just tried it in SeaMonkey and it works fine there - no matter where you are in os2.org, if you choose translate, it works...
« Last Edit: November 21, 2023, 10:52:12 pm by David McKenna »

Dave Yeo

• View Profile
« Reply #233 on: November 22, 2023, 12:07:45 am »
I get the same behaviour when clicking a forum then translate. I think it is using the translated URL instead of the original, or at least messing up the URL.
Note that in the environmental variable, I believe the %1,%2,%3 are arguments, yes, host, path and locale (using QLocale)
I assume that SeaMonkey has a different implementation of the translate thingy. The URL setting from about:config,
Code: [Select]
browser.translation.service;http://translate.google.com/translate?prev=/language_tools&u=which should be https now.

David McKenna

• View Profile
« Reply #234 on: November 22, 2023, 12:35:09 pm »
 Hey Dave,

I went to textbrowser's github site to make a comment about this, and I saw an entry was made to the Dooble code yesterday that might affect this - did you include the last entry to Dooble in your build?

Regards,

Dave Yeo

• View Profile
« Reply #235 on: November 22, 2023, 04:43:07 pm »
Hey Dave,

I went to textbrowser's github site to make a comment about this, and I saw an entry was made to the Dooble code yesterday that might affect this - did you include the last entry to Dooble in your build?

Regards,

I did now, seems to not need the environment variable set anymore, though I think it is still optional.
Removed last build in favour of this one.

David McKenna

• View Profile
« Reply #236 on: November 22, 2023, 10:54:47 pm »
 Thanks again Dave! No change in behavior though... only works in root of website. I'll probably make a comment to textbrowser... didn't want to do it if there might have already been a fix.

Regards,

Dave Yeo

• View Profile
« Reply #237 on: November 23, 2023, 12:16:54 am »
Yea, the last commit just added the URL that we were using in the environmental variable. Still simplifies things

G. M. Anchieri

• View Profile
« Reply #238 on: November 23, 2023, 11:34:06 am »
Hey Dave,
I have installed your last update of dooble file: Dooble_20112023.7z and tested it, this is my impression:
after a lots of test with vary url I have noted this strange behaviour, if I use the new google to translate a page, this page is rendered in two different way that I attach as two picture captured using PMVIEW:
- 2023-11-captured002.jpg   original         without image
- 2023-11-Captured001.jpg  processed by GOOGLE translate    with image 
How this can happen ?
Thank for your work Dave.
G.M. Anchieri

Eugene Tucker

• View Profile
« Reply #239 on: November 23, 2023, 04:14:20 pm »
I can't seem to download a good copy.