Author Topic: Why doesn't Bitwise answer my email? They did and I apologise to them.  (Read 11223 times)

Eugene Tucker

• View Profile
I built a new new computer in installed Arrca OS 5.08 from the ground up. I have lost my copy of the latest version of Apache Openn Office I have contacted Bitwise twice about getting another copy sent to me but they have so far ignored me. If you have a business and run it properly you will allocate time and resources for support and issues. I have given them money with every new realease. This is not good business. I know the market is both small and slow, but you don't help it by being negligent.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2023, 02:04:04 am by Eugene Tucker »

Silvan Scherrer

• View Profile
Re: Why doesn't Bitwise answer my email?
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2023, 04:52:50 pm »
because you mail always bounces. all mails to comcast bounce here. Why I have no idea.
kind regards
Silvan
CTO bww bitwise works GmbH

Please help us with donations, so we can further work on OS/2 based projects. Our Shop is at https://www.bitwiseworks.com/shop/index.php

Eugene Tucker

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2023, 05:05:14 pm »
Thank yo for the quick response. This is not good. I will try gmail or outlook. Sorry for my rant.

ivan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2023, 10:01:55 am »
Hi Eugene,
Are you saying you don't have a backup of all installed software you have.  I have two NAS boxes one is for the software I have so I can reinstall if needed, the other has disk partition images created  by DFSee in case a disk goes down so I can replace the disk and restore the partitions.

Eugene Tucker

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2023, 01:01:35 pm »
Ivan, I do have a backup of all my installed software but it seems I forgot Apache Open Office of some reason and I would like another copy.

ivan

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2023, 05:23:27 pm »
Ah, I did something like that which is why I have partition images created by DFSee.  That is a hold over from my days of managing clients computers, but I agree it is possible to miss something which can be very annoying.

Andi B.

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2023, 10:54:31 am »
I still wonder if Eugenes email provider does not work or Silvans. And if it does not work if someone gets the mandatory failure message (which should include some hints why the mail server decided not to work as it is supposed to do) or if some idiotically server trashes emails without notice.

Eugene Tucker

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2023, 01:44:59 pm »
Andi. Read the remark to me from Silvan that indeed is the case except I never did get a bounce notice.

Andi B.

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2023, 06:11:52 pm »
Andi. Read the remark to me from Silvan that indeed is the case except I never did get a bounce notice.
I read it more than once but still don't know who's server/email settings are the problem. If the problem is on your side then I think it's high time for an excuse cause of the wording in your initial post.

Eugene Tucker

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2023, 08:36:01 pm »
Andi, I have looked at my emails and I sent twice. I never got one bounce message saying the mail was undeliverable. This would indicate to me that it is on the side on their system somewhere. And I sent email to them via outlook and it did not bounce either. And I still have no response. I have supported BitwiseWorks and still will but I can ask questions and make comments. Sorry that this seems to bother you.

Dave Yeo

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2023, 09:01:55 pm »
Wonder if they're sitting in someones spam folder? I recently found some in GMX's spam folder that were important. Most spam folders just have the mail sit for maybe a month and then it is deleted, so no bounces.

David McKenna

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2023, 09:12:57 pm »
 I had the same thing happen with Comcast email. They 'upgraded' their mail service a couple years back with enhanced spam capture and turned it on automatically. Had many emails get caught in it that I really wanted. Finally went to the Comcast website and logged in to my email there, and was able to get a few that hadn't been deleted yet.

Eugene, if you are using Comcast, log in to your email on the Comcast web page and see if stuff is stuck there, and also check the spam settings (I turned everything off, and deal with spam at my computer).

Regards,

Eugene Tucker

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2023, 10:04:07 pm »
David, thanks  for the suggestion I wil indeed try that.

Eugene Tucker

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2023, 04:47:01 pm »
David and all, There is no bounce notice or email from Bitwiseworks in the web based email. Nor have I gotten a response from Bitwiseworks via outlook. I will try gmail.

Silvan Scherrer

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2023, 05:38:50 pm »
David and all, There is no bounce notice or email from Bitwiseworks in the web based email. Nor have I gotten a response from Bitwiseworks via outlook. I will try gmail.
I answered yesterday to your Outlook Mail. No idea where it is when you cant see it.
kind regards
Silvan
CTO bww bitwise works GmbH

Please help us with donations, so we can further work on OS/2 based projects. Our Shop is at https://www.bitwiseworks.com/shop/index.php