Author Topic: Arca Mapper  (Read 3803 times)

christech

• View Profile
Arca Mapper
« on: August 31, 2023, 11:16:20 pm »
Hi, where is Arca Mapper at on the hard drive, I can't seem to locate it, my shortcut doesn't work anymore.

Alex Taylor

• View Profile
Re: Arca Mapper
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2023, 01:54:27 pm »
You should have a folder called "ArcaMapper Network Connections" somewhere, probably in your Network folder.

ArcaMapper consist of a whole set of programs and drivers, it isn't a single program and doesn't have a single location on drive. In ArcaOS 5.1, the GUI component of ArcaMapper was replaced with a modular system that is more reminiscent of the old File and Print Client.

Dariusz Piatkowski

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2023, 02:15:25 pm »
Alex is the guru on this subject (the author after all), but if you are looking for the locations of the binaries themselves, here is what I have on my machine (keep in mind, this is NOT AOS install, rather 4.52 with the addition of ArcaMapper):

\usr\bin

where I have the following EXEs:

1) CREDMAN - Logon, Credential Manager (/manage parm)
2) CONNECT - New Connection, Manager Connection (/manager parm), Restore Connection (/restore parm), Preferences (/pref parm)
3) BROWSER - Network Browser

Martin Iturbide

• OS2World NewsMaster
  • Global Moderator
  • Your Friend Wil Declares...
    • View Profile
    • Martin's Personal Blog
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2023, 02:56:31 pm »
Hi, where is Arca Mapper at on the hard drive, I can't seem to locate it, my shortcut doesn't work anymore.
Hi Chris

Are you referring to ArcaOS 5.1? I saw another post when you said you got it installed. Right?

Regards
Martin Iturbide
OS2World NewsMaster
... just share the dream.

christech

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2023, 05:24:42 pm »
Yes, I went to the Network folder on my desktop and the shortcut doesn't work. Maybe it has something to do with NetDrive? The shortcut points to /var/log/.