Author Topic: A Ghost of Christmas Past is Still Present  (Read 5502 times)

Mark Szkolnicki

• View Profile
A Ghost of Christmas Past is Still Present
« on: December 23, 2023, 05:52:14 am »
Hello Everyone!

Well, I'm not haunting a miser by the name of Scrooge, but just wanted to let all of you know a Ghost of OS2World past is still present.

Its been a strange odyssey for me since November 11, 2022.

A major death in the family then, and another death two months later (luckily not mine nor my wife's, but still major in the family). Then a couple of surgeries in between (this time involving my wife). And finally a constant stream of crisis related work - Pandemic Planning in British Columbia first, then a horrendous forest fire season in Western Canada starting in May and heading into October, had me busy in Alberta, BC and the Northwest Territories. Then a rush job creating an Emergency Response Plan for a client in two weeks, finished only last week.

So no time to post or even lurk, but in my limited off time I did spend some time learning the intricacies of 3D printing.

But since I by chance talked with Dave Yeo a couple of weeks ago, I thought I'd stop in, to say that, no, I have not dropped off the planet or been transported into an alternate reality (although some days I wonder if that would be preferable, given the state of global affairs)

I hope to be less ghost like and more visible here sometime in the New Year, but we will see. In the meantime, a fine Holiday Season to all - may all your Christmas Seasons be blessed, and may all our 2024's be a lot less chaotic than this year, and much more grounded in the name of Peace.

Best!

Mark

Mark B. Szkolnicki
Vincit Que Se Vincit - "He Who Conquers Self Succeeds"

Martin Iturbide

• OS2World NewsMaster
  • Global Moderator
  • Your Friend Wil Declares...
    • View Profile
    • Martin's Personal Blog
Re: A Ghost of Christmas Past is Still Present
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2023, 04:31:26 pm »
Thanks Mark for stopping by.

I was wondering why we did stop the Gamepad chatting on Nov of 2022. The good thing is that you and your wife are doing fine today.
Just hang out here and post when you feel it is appropriate.

Regards
Martin Iturbide
OS2World NewsMaster
... just share the dream.

Mark Szkolnicki

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2023, 04:54:51 pm »
Thanks Martin - as related have not had a moment to consider any of the GamePad / Joystick related stuff - as you can see games had to give way to life ............. and life cannot be considered a game, when lives are on the line.

Plan to review where the conversation went after about a year and a month, as with many of the other topics I was following - if I have any thoughts, I will let everyone know.

Best of the Christmas season to you and all you hold dear, Sir

M

Dariusz Piatkowski

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2023, 09:29:41 pm »
Mark!

Glad to hear you're alive and kickin'...even though sometimes it feels like life is handing you one hurdle after another...the good news is: it'll pass!

For now, enjoy those still around you, and the things that bring you happiness.

Merry Christmas and a much Happier New Year!

Mark Szkolnicki

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2023, 09:51:18 pm »
Heh Dariusz:

Good hearing from you too - life in the storm is always interesting - but having been there for about 42 years its not unusual - merely "Interesting"

More later - but hope your having a fine Christmas Day and Best!, Sir

M

Dave Yeo

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2023, 10:01:19 pm »
Merry Christmas Mark, Dariusz and everyone else here.

Mark Szkolnicki

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2023, 10:14:46 pm »
And to you, Dave! Replied to Lewis about Netlabs - see you and Steve did the same.

M

Dariusz Piatkowski

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2023, 01:00:41 am »
Dave, everyone!!!

Merry Christmas Mark, Dariusz and everyone else here.

Terrible etiquette :( on my part: while responding to Mark's post I of course did not intend to leave everyone else out...Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all!!!

Mark Szkolnicki

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2023, 02:43:04 am »
Sounded inclusive to me, Sir - there's many people who may have joined in the last year and one month for me, that I've never met, and many we know that are still plugging along, in their own brilliant way, keeping the dream alive, Unix and ArcaOS both - like Martin, we're just the old souls of the group, Dariusz - I go back to Compuserve, Golden Compass, and OS/2 2.0 .............. !

The Christmas Season is always about coming together, in any way, no matter who's here - in a troubled world, I'm sure the sentiments resonant with everyone here ..............

M