Author Topic: Almost forgotten and lost software  (Read 3667 times)

David Graser

• View Profile
Almost forgotten and lost software
« on: January 14, 2024, 09:32:11 pm »
Also, lost software.  No longer at hobbes and and other sites.

OS/2 API Trace is a freeware application written by an IBM software engineer with extensive experience in OS/2 kernel and Presentation Manager development.

OS/2 API Trace allows you to trace the 16-bit and 32-bit OS/2 APIs used by any application running on any 32-bit version of OS/2 (2.0 or later) without requiring the application's source code or requiring the application to be recompiled/relinked. Simply enable the application for tracing and run it, and the OS/2 API calls (and optionally their parameters) made by the application are logged to a text file that is already formatted and in English. OS/2 API Trace also allows tracing to be customized, controlled, and summarized.

https://www.angelfire.com/tx4/blaschke/OS2Trace/

Found at site above, but for how much longer.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2024, 09:34:23 pm by David Graser »

Martin Iturbide

• OS2World NewsMaster
  • Global Moderator
  • Your Friend Wil Declares...
    • View Profile
    • Martin's Personal Blog
Re: Almost forgotten and lost software
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2024, 09:46:48 pm »
Thanks David.

I have it on hobbes right here:
- https://hobbes.nmsu.edu/?detail=%2Fpub%2Fos2%2Fdev%2Ftools%2Fdebuggers%2FOS2APITrace_2-45-40.zip

But I'm also always looking for software that may be missing on hobbes (and soon maybe on OS2Site.com) to consolidate all the OS/2 software we can.

I also have this thread "General Software Testing" where I try to find out what some strange OS/2 software does, so I can upload it with a description.

Regards
Martin Iturbide
OS2World NewsMaster
... just share the dream.

David Graser

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2024, 05:17:46 pm »
Martin, what might be good for some programs is to save its html page and add it to the program's zip.  I just did it for API trace and uploaded the new zip file.  The html page contains a lot of useful info.

By the way Martin, was the bigicons topic deleted?   I had to use Davids Doodles to upload the new blue theme.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2024, 05:38:50 pm by David Graser »

Martin Iturbide

• OS2World NewsMaster
  • Global Moderator
  • Your Friend Wil Declares...
    • View Profile
    • Martin's Personal Blog
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2024, 07:31:41 pm »
Hello
By the way Martin, was the bigicons topic deleted?   I had to use Davids Doodles to upload the new blue theme.

No, I see it here:
- https://www.os2world.com/forum/index.php/topic,3491.msg42828.html#msg42828
But I see that some posts newer than "2024-01-12" were removed. I thought you removed some posts, since you like sometime to remove the post to consolidate the files and don't confuse the user.  Let me know, I can recover those.

Regards
Martin Iturbide
OS2World NewsMaster
... just share the dream.

David Graser

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2024, 07:48:40 pm »
I did not realize we have had that may posts, which I think is a good thing.  The community has needed to become more active.