Author Topic: XWP 1.0.17: any availability date ?  (Read 591 times)

Lars

• View Profile
XWP 1.0.17: any availability date ?
« on: March 20, 2024, 06:56:08 am »
Out of interest but also need (I had raised 2 tickets): is there a rough availability date for XWP 1.0.17 ?

I was curious and looked into the XWorkplace/XWPHelpers SVN repos but could not see any checkins from Rich. I therefore suspect that currently, he only has done the changes to his local copy.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2024, 06:57:44 am by Lars »

Rich Walsh

• ONU! (OS/2 is NOT Unix!)
    • View Profile
Re: XWP 1.0.17: any availability date ?
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2024, 05:11:07 pm »
Out of interest but also need (I had raised 2 tickets): is there a rough availability date for XWP 1.0.17 ?

Normally, I don't release a new version of XWP until there are enough new features and bug fixes to make it worth the user's time and effort to install it. That typically occurs every 12-18 months (the last one was released 4 1/2 months ago). As it happens, I think I've achieved this "critical mass" sooner than usual, so I expect to do a new one in the next several months.

I was curious and looked into the XWorkplace/XWPHelpers SVN repos but could not see any checkins from Rich. I therefore suspect that currently, he only has done the changes to his local copy.

I usually keep the Netlabs repo at the same level as the most recent release. Anyone who builds it himself and then runs into problems can compare his results to the released binaries to determine if he introduced the issue or if it was already there but hadn't been noticed before. Further, I don't think it's helpful for other builders to have to wade through my mistakes and delays (i.e. a commit, 2 fixes for that commit, another commit a month later to finish it, etc, etc.). Before I commit anything, I consolidate all of my patches for a given feature or bug-fix into a single coherent patch that can be rolled-back easily if the builder wishes.

Lars

• View Profile
Re: XWP 1.0.17: any availability date ?
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2024, 05:16:02 pm »
ok, thanks for the answer.