Author Topic: ArcaOS in VirtualBox and mouse.  (Read 696 times)

Glenn

• View Profile
ArcaOS in VirtualBox and mouse.
« on: April 04, 2024, 09:29:57 am »
I have a strange behavior from the mouse with ArcaOS 5.1 installed in VirtualBox (with standard properties of the VM / of the installation).

The pointer moves everywhere, but on the desktop, icons located in the bottom-half part of the screen cannot be clicked on. I have to click on other icons above then go with the keyboard to the folder I want to open/the app I want to start and open it with the enter key.
The xCenter at the bottom is working fine, so it seems to be specific to the desktop; it also affects full-screen win-os/2 sessions, in which nothing in the bottom-half of the screen is clickable. On Win-OS/2, the pointer also moves more randomly, sometimes it becomes difficult to click on a button even in the top half of the screen, because the pointer will go too high (or too low) and moving it towards the place to click on moves it too far.

I remember problems with VBox extensions in version 7 so I kept the version of extensions that come with VBox.

Are these known problems? Are there any known ways to solve these problems?

Martin Iturbide

• OS2World NewsMaster
  • Global Moderator
  • Your Friend Wil Declares...
    • View Profile
    • Martin's Personal Blog
Re: ArcaOS in VirtualBox and mouse.
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2024, 10:11:32 pm »
Hello Glenn

Can you check the size and date of your vboxmouse.sys file?

I'm using an older one here without any major issues. I have some little bug from restart to restart, but it is on what you describe.
My is:
- 1-31-20  3:06a        25,774    227 a--r  VBoxMouse.sys

I guess the latest one is:
- 1-15-24  2:26p        58,713      0 ---r  VBoxMouse.sys
But I'm not using it.

I'm using here Windows 10 host with Vbox 7.0.14. ArcaOS 5.1.0 (BIOS) as Guest.

Regards
Martin Iturbide
OS2World NewsMaster
... just share the dream.

JTA

• View Profile
Re: ArcaOS in VirtualBox and mouse.
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2024, 01:21:44 pm »
Not sure what version of vbox you are using, and on what Host OS?

Only similar problem I can find, with a bit of googling, is that within vbox, this kind of problem could be caused by your ArcaOS vm settings, display, monitor count being set to anything other than 1.

You can also test a brand new install of ArcaOS (from your registered ISO) into a new vm, and don't fiddle with the vm settings too much, until you know if that new test vm has the mouse issue or not. ArcaOS comes with a set of vbox drivers built-in, so you should be able to test the issue right away.

Hope this helps ...
« Last Edit: April 05, 2024, 01:24:43 pm by JTA »