Author Topic: Odin  (Read 14104 times)

eirik

Odin
« on: February 22, 2013, 10:33:48 am »
Great to see the new Java up and running.  Unfortunately, I have not been able to install the Odin 0.8.9 (neither the odininst.exe and the wpi link to Hobbes work).  If someone could fix the wpi link, I would be most grateful.

Eirik

melf

Re: Odin
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2013, 11:29:21 am »
Eirik, search for Odin 0.8.9 on Hobbes and you'll find it.

Silvan Scherrer

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2013, 11:32:06 am »
and just a small remark, the wpi build is not an official one. it done just for easiness by a user.

regards
Silvan
kind regards
Silvan
CTO bww bitwise works GmbH

Please help us with donations, so we can further work on OS/2 based projects. Our Shop is at https://www.bitwiseworks.com/shop/index.php

Doug Bissett

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2013, 04:46:54 pm »
Great to see the new Java up and running.  Unfortunately, I have not been able to install the Odin 0.8.9 (neither the odininst.exe and the wpi link to Hobbes work).  If someone could fix the wpi link, I would be most grateful.

Eirik

What seems to be the problem with the WPI install? I have had no problem with that, on more than one system (and, IMO it is just as "official" as the ZIP distribution, since it contains the same stuff, packaged for user convenience).

eirik

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2013, 08:28:22 am »
Sorry for being unclear about describing my problem.  The WPI install worked, my problem was that the link did not work.  I followed Silvan's advice (thanks Silvan :-) and searched on Hobbes.  There the Odin WPI install file was, and then both the Odin and Java install worked.

Eirik

Martin Iturbide

• OS2World NewsMaster
  • Global Moderator
  • Your Friend Wil Declares...
    • View Profile
    • Martin's Personal Blog
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2013, 01:13:39 pm »
Thanks for letting me know. I had fixed the link on the news.

Regards
Martin Iturbide
OS2World NewsMaster
... just share the dream.