• Welcome to OS2World OLD-STATIC-BACKUP Forum.

News:

This is an old OS2World backup forum for reference only. IT IS READ ONLY!!!

If you need help with OS/2 - eComStation visit http://www.os2world.com/forum

Main Menu

GNU bash 3.2 has been ported to OS/2

Started by jsawa, 2007.05.21, 15:47:38

Previous topic - Next topic

jsawa

I  ported GNU bash version 3.2 using emx 0.9d on December 2006. 
I have tested bash 3.2 for half an year.
Is there anyone interested in bash 3.2? If so, I will upload it in hobbes archive.

kim

Hmm do you have a direct url to it, since a search at Hobbes didn't give me anything usefull.

aasdelat

Yes, I'm interested in it. I'm learning to port Linux software to OS/2 and need this program.
I thank you for your job and think that it can be very useful to developers porting linux software.

Antonio Serrano
Málaga, Spain.

obiwan

I'm also eagerly waiting for this to be posted with source, as it likely has fixes applicable to the klibc port. No sense duplicating work.

aasdelat

Hey, jsawa!, have you thoght to upload your port to the unixos2 project (http://unixos2.com/index.html)?. They still have an old version of bash, and you can contribute to this promising project.
Please, consider it.

WarpWorld

Did any attempt to port code of Gaim IM for Linux to OS/2?

Saijin_Naib

Yes, Marty Amodeo (who has written MrMessage) attempted to port GAIM to OS/2, but he ran into too many difficulties and gave it up. He's working on MrMessage again now.

Plus, GAIM is replaced by Pidgin which requires GTK+ and other libraries to be ported first.

Blonde Guy

Quote from: jsawa on 2007.05.21, 15:47:38
Is there anyone interested in bash 3.2? If so, I will upload it in hobbes archive.

Yes, please! Your OS/2 ports are excellent and high quality. Thank you for your work!

Neil
Expert Consulting for OS/2 and eComStation

abwillis

Quote from: jsawa on 2007.05.21, 15:47:38

Not sure how I missed this at the original time of posting but yes, I would be quite interested.
Andy

IBManners

I am the computer, it is me.

ModZilla

Ditto on that BLONDE GUY and for everyone else here on OS2W...GREAT EFFORTS by 'JSAWA' and Marty...

MZ

if its blue parade it, show it off, if its Twindoze, STOP/stomp it [making it disfunctional as it is... :-\ ]
someday os2 will be ruled by the young and famous-at least in the open-source world!

obiwan

Oh, sorry guys, I'm as bad as jsawa. Knut polished off the libc Bash port over a year ago, and 3.2 builds just as easily as 3.1. I didn't even think about putting it up because I've been busy with Uniaud.

I'm adding pulling the source again and building it to my list. Shouldn't take long.

obiwan

I accidentally found jsawa's page with his port of Bash 3.2:

http://homepage1.nifty.com/jsawa/os2/gnu/bash-3.2.htm

He uses EMX, whereas I use Knut's libc.

I'll see about incorporating his patches before I put out a build.