Author Topic: OS2voice gone?  (Read 2851 times)

cytan

• View Profile
OS2voice gone?
« on: 2009.03.25, 19:30:47 »
Hi,
   I'm just wondering whether OS2voice is gone? It hasn't been updated the end of January.

cytan

warpcafe

• Global Moderator
  • Failure is not an option.
    • View Profile
Re: OS2voice gone?
« Reply #1 on: 2009.03.25, 23:06:43 »
Hi cytan,

I am not sure whether I'm allowed to go into details since I have that information from the internal translators newslist - so I'll be doing it the "beating round the bush" way:

There were some changes in the roles and participation of people leading to the need of having to relocate the entire services and servers. Volunteers have stepped up and are working hard to restore and restart the stuff. Stay tuned, I think there will soon be something "official".

HTH, regards,
Thomas
"It is not worth an intelligent man's time to be in the majority.
By definition, there are already enough people to do that"
- G.H. Hardy

cytan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009.03.26, 02:35:30 »
Thanks! It's good to know that there's action behind the scenes. I'm looking forward to the official restart of OS2voice.

cytan

Hi cytan,

I am not sure whether I'm allowed to go into details since I have that information from the internal translators newslist - so I'll be doing it the "beating round the bush" way:

There were some changes in the roles and participation of people leading to the need of having to relocate the entire services and servers. Volunteers have stepped up and are working hard to restore and restart the stuff. Stay tuned, I think there will soon be something "official".

HTH, regards,
Thomas

RobertM

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • A.I.BuiltPC - using OS/2 Warp Server & eComStation for Custom Web and Database Solutions
« Reply #3 on: 2009.03.26, 07:08:09 »
Let them know if they still need hosting help to contact me.

-Rob
|
|
Kirk's 5 Year Mission Continues at:
Star Trek New Voyages
|
|

chennecke

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009.03.26, 11:30:12 »
It's as warpcafe said. Most functionality has been migrated. The VOICE News mailing list works. However the connection from the mailing list to the web site is still broken. That is a bit more complicated to fix since the web site and the mail server are on two different machines now. And since we want to adjust the news distribution system anyway, we'll probably just do that now. It's just going to take a bit longer.

warpcafe

• Global Moderator
  • Failure is not an option.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009.03.26, 12:09:31 »
Thanks Christian!
"It is not worth an intelligent man's time to be in the majority.
By definition, there are already enough people to do that"
- G.H. Hardy