• Welcome to OS2World OLD-STATIC-BACKUP Forum.

News:

This is an old OS2World backup forum for reference only. IT IS READ ONLY!!!

If you need help with OS/2 - eComStation visit http://www.os2world.com/forum

Main Menu

IBM Web browser 2.0.5 for eCS

Started by WarpWorld, 2009.06.23, 12:28:29

Previous topic - Next topic

WarpWorld

Where I can download this Mozilla based browser?

cyber

Youre late several years... and this can not be for eCS !  ;D  Why You need this for ?

TP_mania

It seem not to be in a usual FTP site though it looked for a little.

You are able to download IWB205 from the download section of ecomstation.com/ in case of being because you are a user of eCS.

Please log in here.
http://www.ecomstation.com/
I think that you can enter the following sections if it is possible to log in.
[Download the latest software and updates]
There is a Web browser that you request from here.
File name is [IWBen20051005.exe]

Pete

Hi

I suggest you go for the current build of the Mozilla browser, Seamonkey 1.1.16, or the current beta of Seamonkey V2 - links on this useful page http://www.mozilla.org/ports/os2/

Regards

Pete

WarpWorld

Quote from: cyber on 2009.06.23, 13:02:46
Youre late several years... and this can not be for eCS !  ;D  Why You need this for ?

Hm...Yea,late,but it was made for eCS,based on Mozilla,and not bad program,and as fan of IBM I want to have it  ;)

WarpWorld

Quote from: Pete on 2009.06.23, 14:38:50
Hi

I suggest you go for the current build of the Mozilla browser, Seamonkey 1.1.16, or the current beta of Seamonkey V2 - links on this useful page http://www.mozilla.org/ports/os2/

Regards

Pete
Thanks,I will try it,but as I said,I must to have last version of IWE  ;)

cyber

Quote from: Bojan89 on 2009.06.23, 15:31:16
Hm...Yea,late,but it was made for eCS,based on Mozilla,and not bad program,and as fan of IBM I want to have it  ;)

IWE or IWB ?

I beleive that was made for WSeB and not for eCS, and on my humble opinion there was much better releases of same Mozilla builds than IBM's (I beleive that they wipe whole project, to forget shame ;D), and if You are really such big fan of colecting everything around connected to Warp (plane to open museum?) I can try on my old backups (there are bunch of old CD's someshere) but I donn't beleive I've have latest release, because I've use stablest releases.

WarpWorld

Really for eCS (2005) and can read about it on eCS official site,but link for download is dead.No,I like the newest (but in reality old) version of IBM's programs for OS/2 (only if you have Corel Draw for that system).

cyber

Nope... never used Corel Draw, but maybe Color Works v2 is good enough ?

TP_mania

>>but link for download is dead.

What?
I am trying to download IWB now.
And, download was safely done.

The version of IWB205 that I am usually using is this.
Mozilla/5.0 (OS/2; U; Warp 4.5; ja-JP; rv:1.7.5) Gecko/20050523

The Downloaded IWB version that exists in the download section of ecomstation.com is a version on 5 October 2005. Therefore, it is thought that I am a thing that is newer than the Japanese version used.

IBM was up-loading the correction version to ftp://testcase. certainly in detail.
However, I have the memory that the major alteration is not added as an GA version.

Therefore, I think that you may think the one that exists in ecomstation.com to be a thing near the final version.

WarpWorld

How? :-\ I was trying several times and only write- Problem loading page  :-\ Please send to me if is not problem

cyber

Is there solution for download for non-eCS users too ? O:)

TP_mania

Uuuummm.

>Is there solution for download for non-eCS users too ? O:)

>>Bojan89
Though it might be my misunderstanding.
Do not you do the user's registration of eComStation?

WarpWorld

No,we are OS/2 WARP 4.X users

TP_mania

>>No,we are OS/2 WARP 4.X users

OK,OK!!
It was my misunderstanding. I'm sorry.

If it is so, the situation becomes a thing of severity.
It seems that the method of selecting Mozilla (Seamonkey 1.1.16 or later) that is the environment that looks like is the best if it is a situation in which IWB205 cannot be used.