Author Topic: Hopkins:FBI  (Read 4569 times)

Quique

• View Profile
Hopkins:FBI
« on: 2009.10.06, 13:25:59 »
I am looking for Hopkins:FBI for OS/2, I sent an email to Polyex but their replied was "unfortunatley sales were not very good so we stopped selling it".

anyone have a copy they want to sell?

Thks,
Enrique

Paul Smedley

• View Profile
Re: Hopkins:FBI
« Reply #1 on: 2009.10.07, 03:52:38 »
I am looking for Hopkins:FBI for OS/2, I sent an email to Polyex but their replied was "unfortunatley sales were not very good so we stopped selling it".

anyone have a copy they want to sell?

I'm pretty sure I have it somewhere, I'll try remember to take a look...

Quique

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009.10.08, 10:38:16 »
that would be great.

miturbide

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • OS2World
« Reply #3 on: 2009.10.09, 00:30:23 »

...I remember sometime ago that I was unable to run Hopking on Warp 4.52 or eCS.

Is there a trick to make it run ?

Martín Itúrbide
OS2World.com NewsMaster
Open Source Advocate

Skype - martiniturbide
Google Talk - martiniturbide@gmail.com

chennecke

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009.10.15, 11:15:07 »
Here it starts up but crashes soon after. And the option dialog displays some drawing problems. Looks like a driver issue to me. Maybe it would help to use a lower resolution / color depth. I'm running at 1600x1200x64k.

Robert Deed

• View Profile
    • Rob's Space
« Reply #5 on: 2009.10.24, 02:44:33 »
Alot (most) older DIVE applications will fail to run in high resolutions.  I have never tested the specifics of it, but I know when I upgraded to my 20"  1600x1200 monitor all older DIVE games stopped working in native resolution (1600x1200x16.7m)  (simcity 2000, hopkins fbi, the older stardock games) If I reverted it back down to 1024x768 it would work but would require a reboot.  At one point I meant to give it a looksy to see if I could patch dive in some way to function at the higher resolutions however I stopped running eCS when my machine suffered a fairly major failure.  However I am going to have some free time again to setup my older computer again and get back at it.   Give it a try using a lower resolution (color depth shouldn't really matter as long as it meets the games minimum requirements).

Best of luck to you.

Here it starts up but crashes soon after. And the option dialog displays some drawing problems. Looks like a driver issue to me. Maybe it would help to use a lower resolution / color depth. I'm running at 1600x1200x64k.