Author Topic: So, you've decided to censor me.  (Read 1984 times)

ddan

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 176
    • View Profile
So, you've decided to censor me.
« on: 2009.11.27, 13:37:38 »
I'm showing that saijin's opposition to me is based not on
any given topic, but to my views about Crimosoft. Had he left the evidence --
oh, wait a sec. ...  "single out Microsoft" site:os2world.com ... Turns out
go_ogle HAS that in cache now. So here's what he admits is inflammatory:

> None of the business are exempt from these practices. Greed crosses all
> corporate boundaries; why you choose to single out Microsoft as the worst is
> beyond me. But you don't really seem like a rational person so I take
> everything you say with a beach's load of salt.

Obviously regards anyone who criticizes Microsoft as crazy and untrustworthy,
a classic Crimosoft talking point, especially in connection with OS/2. There's
a Crimosoft .pdf somewhere in which they suggest exactly that tactic. The
coincidences add up. So is saijin MERELY a fanboy? Hmm.

His deleted posts from this thread have also turned up. "fanboy saijin"
site:os2world.com. (show all results, then on 2nd page, it's currently the 4th
entry down, or the 2nd cached page, or find the Nov 23 one having two of
saijin's at bottom of page.)

NOTE the time stamps. EIGHT MINUTES AFTER EACH of my two posts, there he is
with nothing but nagging, at best repeating what he's already said and what I
had stated and attempted to thoughtfully justify with my 80 lines.

IF those posts were merely what he now claims, WHY REMOVE THEM? Even the
inflammatory one? I'd already brushed it off with an obviously over-the-top --
and laboriously explained -- witticism.

Removing the posts doesn't reduce whatever effect they had on me. The ONLY
advantage was to him, to CONCEAL it from the (easy) view of members here.

Summary: saijin made a direct connection between criticizing Microsoft and me
being a crazy and untrustworthy person, attempted CONCEALMENT of that
statement, ADMITTED that his post was inflammatory, and mysteriously removed
two posts that seem innocuous but are suspiciously timed.

People are in jail on less evidence, WITH AN ADMISSION.
« Last Edit: 2009.11.27, 13:52:27 by ddan »

RobertM

  • Global Moderator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2034
    • View Profile
    • A.I.BuiltPC - using OS/2 Warp Server & eComStation for Custom Web and Database Solutions
Re: So, you've decided to censor me.
« Reply #1 on: 2009.11.27, 20:22:49 »
ddan:

Simple solution, as I already stated:

Keep yours and his personal disagreement private. You two can rant about which is better until the sun grows cold in space. But keep personal attacks and such off the forums.

PERIOD.


You are not being censored. Instead, your off topic posts have been removed. He has chosen to do the same thing with his for the same reasons.

The thread is "OS/2 vs Windows... The Debate Rages On"

It is NOT "ddan and Saijin's Personal Attacks and Little Private War" - anything that fits in that category will thusly be removed as being inappropriate to the discussion at hand.
|
|
Kirk's 5 Year Mission Continues at:
Star Trek New Voyages
|
|


ddan

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 176
    • View Profile
Re: So, you've decided to censor me.
« Reply #2 on: 2009.11.28, 16:59:44 »
I wish to clarify a crucial point:

saijin is NOT arguing with me ABOUT Windows. -- NOR IS IT PERSONAL.

He's trying to prevent me from bashing Windows or relating unpleasant facts
about Microsoft corporation.

Those are VASTLY different.

With that in mind, take one more look at the removed post:

> None of the business are exempt from these practices. Greed crosses all
> corporate boundaries; why you choose to single out Microsoft as the worst is
> beyond me. But you don't really seem like a rational person so I take
> everything you say with a beach's load of salt.

He removed it because it reveals not only his tactics but his true goal. A
"they all do it" whitewash of corruption isn't to his advantage, either.

This isn't over mere details, nor even how, it's WHETHER I can remark about
Crimosoft at all. saijin doesn't have actual power to ban me, so all he can do
is nag and nag hoping to wear me out; I've shown that he does so.

I believe an important principle is at stake: literally WHETHER debate will
take place. That's why I've objected so strenuously and in a manner sure to
annoy anyone reasonable here. Thank you for whatever attention.

And so long as I AM here, saijin is not going to proscribe areas I discuss.

And call me fanboy all you want, if you mean OS/2 fanboy!

====================
@RobertM
I was not pleased with "moderation" that "warns" me equally with saijin,
when nothing specific I'd said was stated as cause for a warning, and I think
I'm well within reasonable discourse. I don't take that personally, either,
honest, but I DO think you were a BIT TOO PRE-EMPTIVE, okay?

And I want my views to be CLEAR of the supposed "personal" bit, because a
public hearing is my protection against what I believe is a clear pattern.

cyberspittle

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 52
    • View Profile
Re: So, you've decided to censor me.
« Reply #3 on: 2009.11.28, 18:09:23 »
Dudes,

Who cares. You are both acting like children.