• Welcome to OS2World OLD-STATIC-BACKUP Forum.

News:

This is an old OS2World backup forum for reference only. IT IS READ ONLY!!!

If you need help with OS/2 - eComStation visit http://www.os2world.com/forum

Main Menu

Whatever happened to Sundial?

Started by madcrow, 2009.12.08, 18:08:51

Previous topic - Next topic

madcrow

They seem to have disappeared from the Web and a search on Google reveals that the owner died back in 2007. Who would I talk to about possibly getting their stuff released as freeware? Has anybody already tried and been rebuffed. Is the stuff still sold in some dusty corner of the Internet that I don't know of? Inquiring minds want to know.

rwklein

Quote from: madcrow on 2009.12.08, 18:08:51
They seem to have disappeared from the Web and a search on Google reveals that the owner died back in 2007. Who would I talk to about possibly getting their stuff released as freeware? Has anybody already tried and been rebuffed. Is the stuff still sold in some dusty corner of the Internet that I don't know of? Inquiring minds want to know.

Mensys is in touch with the Carla, she was married to Randell Flint. We are working in the long term to get as many products back as possible and some development done by third parties. Right now however this is not being worked on as Mensys is busy with eCS and Open Office.

Roderick Klein
Mensys

madcrow

Quote from: rwklein on 2009.12.08, 18:34:16

Mensys is in touch with the Carla, she was married to Randell Flint. We are working in the long term to get as many products back as possible and some development done by third parties. Right now however this is not being worked on as Mensys is busy with eCS and Open Office.

Roderick Klein
Mensys
Would this be for a commercial re-rerelease or for a free/open rerelease? Either would be an improvement over the current situation, but for the impecunius (such as myself) the second would be preferable. ;)

rwklein

Quote from: madcrow on 2009.12.08, 19:52:14
Quote from: rwklein on 2009.12.08, 18:34:16

Roderick Klein
Mensys
Would this be for a commercial re-rerelease or for a free/open rerelease? Either would be an improvement over the current situation, but for the impecunius (such as myself) the second would be preferable. ;)

That all depends on how it goes. Some projects might be free of charge, it also depends on the license agreement we get with Sundial systems. With that I mean if we can open sourcing depends on the contracts Sundial Systems might have with other owners of which they took over technology from!

Some products might be free of charge or we could work with a bundell model where people pay and we can have paid developers do work.

First lets get the products transfered and then we can look at what is possible.

Back to eCS 2.0 work here.

Roderick Klein
Mensys

Dennis

Glad to hear Mensys is attempting to get control of Sundial's apps. Hopefully in the near future we might be able to get updates on DBExpert and Mesa