• Welcome to OS2World OLD-STATIC-BACKUP Forum.

News:

This is an old OS2World backup forum for reference only. IT IS READ ONLY!!!

If you need help with OS/2 - eComStation visit http://www.os2world.com/forum

Main Menu

Impossible to see Youtube with Flash7 & 7fake9.

Started by TP_mania, 2010.04.07, 06:36:51

Previous topic - Next topic

TP_mania

Impossible to see Youtube with Flash7 & 7fake9.

Hello All.

Many of movies & animations of YouTube were not seen by using Flash7 or 7/fake9 in April.
All moviews are able not to be seen but a part of movie can be seen.

Not seen
[What the hell is Warpstock - II - got it? :-) ]
#Mr.Sigurd, This Movie is very nice!!! ;D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZ5MGBUdiaw

Seen
[OS/2 Warp 4 in action]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Ub3nFsaJio

I tried Flash 7r14, 7r69, 7/fake9r69, and 7/fake9r115. However, all plug-ins divide from the thing that can be seen and the thing that cannot be seen.

Because I am buying the license of eCS Software Subscription, Flash10 can be downloaded, and it install it. However, the Japanese input system and the system become very unstable in a Japanese environment. It is a rough sledding to operate it in a Japanese environment in daily life.

I strongly hope for a further improvement of Flash10 to use it with stability even by the DBCS user including Japan.

TP_mania@JPN

warunyan

I'm in trouble, too.
I don't mind buying eCS. Because there is no eCS Japanese edition GA. :'(
To see Youtube by OS/2, use Gnash ?
Is there a YouTube plug-in of Gnash ?

melf

I,ve also noticed that it's becoming harder to see youtube videos with the old f7. I don't know when Mensys plan to release the flash10, but observe that the one released so far is a technology preview, and as that not stable.
/Mikael

Sigurd

I just installed Flash 10 Preview to see if the 1080p video is working - as I saw the files are all about one year old now, is this project still being worked on?

diver

yes it's still worked on. there should be another preview shortly

Andi710

Quote from: diver on 2010.04.07, 10:56:39
yes it's still worked on. there should be another preview shortly

Do you have any info if the SMP issue is being addressed? Pretty useless if it does not work on SMP systems these days...

TP_mania

>>Mr.diver
>>yes it's still worked on.
I am hoping for the thing that a good result arises.  :D

>>Mr.Andi710
>>Do you have any info if the SMP issue is being addressed? Pretty useless if it does not work on SMP systems these days...
Does not the SMP system work adequately?
Is Core 2 Duo also so?
Will it be the reason that Flash10 is unstable in ThinkPad X61? :'(

CDRWSel

If you have problems to view youtube videos, just use firefox plugin
https://addons.mozilla.org/fr/firefox/addon/3006
Download and use your your favorite video player (extension are *.flv or *.mp4)

Saijin_Naib

While that is a nice work around, it is hardly a solution.
Flash 10 & Java need to be addressed.

TP_mania

After it downloads movie now, can do nothing but you see?
I think that I became a reversion the situation several years ago. And, the method is not indeed smart.
I was looking by downloading via other sites, and changing a lot of movies until Flash7/9r69 was released.
#I do not think that it is a bad method.  ;D

I consider whether no player of Gnash and the plug-in can be transplanted to OS/2. Is it impossible?

The thing that trying the transplant of the Gnash plug-in appears is keenly hoped for if the original adobe's Plug-in transplant is difficult.

cyber

Right now there is gap of seeing YouTube even with Linux (eeebuntu3), with latest updates and FF3.

It looks like race never ends, if my OS (any of them) is capable, browser is latest, all plugins is correct, then my hardware isn't speed enough any more. :)

cyber

After some time of installing and uninstalling different version of flash for FF, and for gnome desktop, gnash definitely does not show videos from You tube, just sound, version of flash published on Adobe's site for linux show everything correct.  8)